Hello my stamping crafty friends!! I am sooo excited that you are here to experience World Card Making Day with all of us Stampin' Up! demonstrators from....literally....all over the world! This is an amazing blog hop with sooo many talented crafters sharing what we all love to do...stamp, craft and share.
Sending a card is a small gesture that shows just how much you care about that special someone in your life. With World Card Making Day recognized across the world, it reminds us to celebrate by making and sending a handmade card to someone who could use a little recognition, love, or just a boost (which is anyone, really!). I am really bad and extremely late getting this card created and hand-delivered to a friend who delivered a new little girl a few weeks ago. I couldn't pass up using the Fox Builder Punch to create this CUTE little 'baby' fox. I know the old adage is related to weddings, but something new also brings out something old. haha! Something that I haven't used in quite a while was my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. ACK!!! I had forgotten all of the wonderful sentiments available (24 sentiments in one stamp set! YEAH!!)
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the previous person to me on the list. Please be sure to click the person after me to move along the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
- With the amount of layers that I had in mind, I chose to go with the Whisper White Thick cardstock for my cardbase (4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2"). I mean, really, who would not want to display this little cutie on a shelf in the baby's room?!! (giggle) Our Thick cardstock is great for that purpose.
- I chose a double matte color, Smokey Slate and Pool Party...both coordinate with the A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack, to compliment the Chevron pattern and the Woddgrain Embossed Whisper White layer.
- The 1/8" Smoky Slate Stitched Ribbon tied in a bow is a soft compliment to the matte layers.
- Foxy Friends stamp set and coordinating Fox Builder Punch (bundled together for a savings of 10%) is super fun to create all sorts of cute critters. The CUTE fox was created using Calypso Coral ink stamped onto Whisper White cardstock...all quick and easy to assemble with the help of the coordinating punch. I did decide to hand cut (aka fussy cut) the legs as I wanted them to appear naturally set in front of the body. Otherwise, if I stamped the legs directly onto the body, they would have gotten shortened when the body was punched out.
- Using the Layering Ovals Framelits, cut out 2 layers...the larger from Pool Party, the patterned one from the A Little Foxy paper stack. Add the cute little fox with Stampin' Dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped with Archival Basic Gray ink onto Calypso Coral cardstock and cut using the Bunch of Banners Framelits die set. Add the smallest pearls from the Basic Pearls pack and set in place with more Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thanks for taking part in our blog hop. With so many amazing ideas and inspiration to add cheer to someone's mailbox, you won't want to miss checking out all of the blogs! I'll be traveling right behind you. **squeal** Remember you are currently at (Lori Mueller's -- Stampin' Dreams blog), so please check the blog hop line up below and be sure to click the next blog participant's name on the list.
World Card Making Blog Hoppers
In recognition of World Card Making Day, don't forget the special 5-day sale that starts tomorrow...October 1, 2016! More details here.
I'll sign off this post with a HUGE "thank you" to let you know how much I appreciate you stopping by to visit me. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
What supplies do you need to create these cards? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!