Hello Stampers! I hope the start of your May month has been going well because it's time for the Creative Inking Blog Hop! Yes, I know, we are just a weeee bit early with the hop this month. You seeee, there are a bunch of stampers that will be leaving a weeee bit early for the Grand Vacation hosted by Stampin' Up!....the Mediterranean Cruise! I am over-the-moon ecstatic because this is my very first one! SQUEAL My hubby and I will be traveling for a few days in Ireland, then jumping on over to Barcelona for a day of seeing the sites before we join up with a WHOLE bunch of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from across the world on the boat (well, it's really a ship...haha)....a really BIG boat!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button to move along the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, here is my Springing into Flowers card share.
One of my nieces graduated from high school recently and the school colors are orange and black. Hmmm, I bet you're thinking Halloween, right? Almost, but we are a little early for that (thank heavens!). This project features the retiring Banner Banter stamp set bundled with the Banner Punch and Dotted Angles stamp set.
- The Gift Bag Punch Board is a wonderful tool and can assist with whatever size handcrafted gift box you need. This Tangelo Twist gem started out measuring 10" x 5-1/2" piece and following the guidelines for a 'small' bag.
- Ink up the Dotted Angles image with Tangelo Twist and stamp along the bottom above the score line forming the bottom of the bag. I love tone-on-tone stamping (using same ink color as the cardstock color).
- The Banner Banter stamp set has several banner patterns, plus, a couple of sentiments. All of the images fit the coordinating Banner punch. I love it when Stampin' Up! matches up products to help me save time. I don't mind hand cutting images, but I'm usually running short on time in my day...A LOT...and can use all the help I can get. ;)
- I added little banners (inked in So Saffron and Tangelo Twist) to the gift bag using Stampin' Up!'s hand stapler. A clean and simple embellishment without the need for any adhesives..
Fill the gift bag with some jewelry, candy, or (the most desired by any teenager)...that green stuff...cold cash!!
This project features the retiring Banner Banter stamp set bundled with the Banner Punch, 1-1/4" and 7/8" Scallop Circle Punches, 1/8" Mini Brads, Cotton Paper Assortment and Tiny Treat Boxes.
- Before assembling the Tiny Treat box, stamp the sentiment along the bottom using White Craft Ink. NOTE: Use the Heat Tool on the low setting to set and dry the Craft ink. Otherwise, set aside for several minutes to ensure it dries well. You'd hate to have a smudges or smearing of the ink.
- Ink up the various Banner images using Mint Macaron ink and stamp onto Mint Macaron cardstock (tone-one-tone stamping). Punch the banners using the Banner punch, add Stampin' Dimensionals and attach to the box. Accent the banners with Silver stars punched from Silver Glimmer paper using the Confetti Stars Border punch.
- Wrap some Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine around box and tie into a bow.
- Create a 'scrunched' flower using the 1-1/4" and 7/8" Scallop Circle punches and the Watermelon Wonder and Daffodil Delight Cotton paper. You'll need 8 of the 1-1/4" scallop circles and 6 of the 7/8" scallop circles, both in Watermelon Wonder. Using the Piercing Tool, stack all of the scallops together and pierce a hole in the center. Hold them together with a 1/8" Mini Brad. Scrunch each layer to desired texture. The Center flower is created with a strip of Daffodil Delight Cotton paper and the fringe scissors. Roll the fringed strip and attach to the center of the scallop flower with Glue Dots.
Again, you can fill the gift box with some jewelry, candy, or some amazing Ben Franklin's (or George Washington's...haha)!!
Of course, no graduation celebration can go without a lot of 'thanks' and loving hugs.
- Cardbase is 4" x 8" Thick Whisper White, scored at 4" the ink. No new graduate likes to write a whole lot of words of 'thank' in a card...keep it simple. I love 4" x 4" cards, plus, keeping the design Clean And Simple (CAS) makes mass production very easy.
- Stamp the various banners with Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, and Watermelon Wonder inks. The Pool Party plain banner image was stamped onto a scrap piece, punched out using the Banner punch, and glued in place using Fast Fuse. The little touch adds a slight amount of dimension to the overall focal point.
- Ink up the 'straight pin' image with Sahara Sand and stamp over the banners to make them look like the banners and flying in the wind.
- Add a thin strip of Pool Party to the bottom portion of the front of the card.
- Stamp the "Thank You" image with Archival Basic Black ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and punch out using the 1/2" Circle punch. Add it to the card using a Stampin' Dimensional.
- The final touches are the Whisper White Baker's Twine tied in a bow and added to the middle banner using Liquid Glue; and the single Whisper White button.
So, how is that for a list of Retiring Stampin' Up! products. These items have been my favorite and go-to products for a lot of my paper crafting...especially, that Banner Banter stamp set and Banner Punch. Why, oh, why are they retiring?? Get the bundle while you can at a discount. You can't beat the price!! For more inspiration using products that are 'Saying Goodbye', you will want to make sure to hop on over to Dena Rekow's blog. I'm curious to see what retiring products she is going to miss the most. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
1. Sue Lehrer
2. Diane Evans
4. BJ Peters
5. Amber Swift
9. Sandy Mott
10. Lori Mueller <--You are here!
11. Dena Rekow
12. Linda Bauwin
LAST DAY IS MAY 31ST! GREAT DEALS ON RETIRING STAMPIN' UP! PRODUCTS!! (UP TO 50% OFF) Get your favorites before May 31st or while supplies last.
These lists will be updated daily so that you know the availability of all retiring products. You can download the PDF for a quick reference, or use the Excel spreadsheet to sort the list the way it suits you....by product name, price, page number, discount, product type, or availability.
- Retiring List: Stamps & Accessories (PDF) Don't forget...UP TO 50% OFF
- Retiring List: Stamps & Accessories (Excel spreadsheet that you can sort to your liking)
- View Retiring Stamps through my Online Store
- View Retiring Accessories & Everything Else through my Online Store
Retiring stamp sets will be available at least through May 22, 2016. The retiring accessories (Designer Series paper, framelits, dies, punches, ribbon, craft scissors, and more) are ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Save 15% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 7C2GTU6A to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).