Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Thank you for visiting my share of the Stamp It Blog Hop. This month's theme is one that everyone is very familiar with...Spring or Easter. Well, maybe anyone living in the Northeastern part of the U.S. may not be able to see any signs of spring with all the snow they got, but let's hope we can instill warm thoughts. There are so many ways to celebrate Spring and or Easter...with a card, banners, treat boxes, cupcake toppers, party favors...you name it.
If you have been traveling along the Stamp It Group Blog Hop, you may have come here from team blogger, Pam Nichol's blog. If this is your very first stop, I want to thank you so much for stopping to visit me. If you like to skip and hop and happen to get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
My project share today displays a little of both....Spring and Easter. They kind of go hand-in-hand....like the Basket Bunch! Super CUTE stamp set that is available in the Occasions catalog (page 18), and it comes as a bundle with the coordinating Basket Builder Framelits Dies! I love it when all my work is 'cut out' for me! teehehe
- I have found myself doing this a lot lately....adding a coordinating cardstock layer with texture. The Brick Wall embossed layer is a separate piece of cardstock cut 1/8" smaller than the cardstock front. The reason I do this is so that my card front is clean and smooth when you open the card, instead of seeing the reverse side of the embossed layer. Just something about that makes me happy.
- The Sweet Sugarplum checkered piece of designer paper comes from the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper pack. I tore the top and bottom edges to add a little rustic look and a change in texture from the Brick Wall embossing.
- The little Easter eggs were stamped using Tip Top Taupe ink and watercolored with my Aqua Painter brush using Sweet Sugarplum, Flirty Flamingo, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach Stampin' inks. NOTE: Tip Top Taupe is part of the 2015-2017 In Color family that is set to retire at the end of May 2017. If you don't have this color, I suggest you get it before quantities run out. I love the softness of this 'brownish' color, as you can see with the eggs and sentiment.
- If you like to add 'dimension' to your crafts, but not as much as a Stampin' Dimensional produces, add some Stampin' Glue Dots! That's what I did to the basket and handle. They have a little thickness to them that will raise your die cut 'just enough' off of the focal area.
- When there is no nice way to line up a sentiment, cutting it up to separate the words is a great solution. This sentiment was inked using Tip Top Taupe and popped up on the focal square using Stampin' Dimensionals. Solution solved! YEAH!
There are 29 images in the Basket Bunch stamp set. Sooo many ways to have creative fun. Don't you just love it when you have the freedom to create how you feel? LOVE it!
For more Spring and Easter themed inspiration, make sure you visit the other Stamp It Group members' blogs to see what projects they have to share. Thanks for stopping by....stop back again real soon.
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Oh Happy Day Card Kit...this give away includes the stamp set, too! To enter, you must leave a comment on any Stamp It Blog Hop Post....AND, you must include the correct hash tag...#stampitcontest.
Blog Hop Participants
Don't forget...when you leave your comment for your chance to win this amazing kit, I love to read them.
CONGRATULATIONS to our February Blog Hop Winner!
Sale-A-Bration Celebration is an exclusive FREE event!
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code FPSJQKKT to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!
Product List for Spring-Easter Basket Bunch card