Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Thank you for visiting my share of the Stamp It Blog Hop. This month's theme is one that everyone can use lots of ideas and inspiration...who doesn't get excited about Birthdays?!! There are so many ways to celebrate a birthday...with a card, banners, treat boxes, cupcake toppers, party favors...you name it. Birthday's are so much fun to share with family and friends.
If you have been traveling along the Stamp It Group Blog Hop, you may have come here from team blogger, Rachael Rife's blog. If this is your very first stop, I want to thank you so much for stopping to visit me. If you like to skip and hop and happen to get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I have a number of girlfriends that are sassy and spunky; therefore, they are the focus of my Birthday card. When I got a first peek of the Sale-A-Bration catalog, the "Hey Chick" stamp set was the first one I wanted to put on my order. It's free with a $50 purchase! If you don't have your copy of this set yet....you need to add those sassy chicks to your arsenal of rubber stamps. Super CUTE!
- I haven't played with a 'fancy' fold card in a while, so the traditional 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardbase has 2" cut off the front panel.
- The color palette originates from the Carried Away Designer Series Paper pack. This is another item you can earn for FREE with a $50 product purchase. There are a ton of colors to work with in this pack....Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach, Smoky Slate, Watermelon Wonder, and Whisper White.
- The Watermelon Wonder cardstock layer showcases the new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder available in the Occasions catalog (page 47). I was raised on a farm with lots of chickens that I could not pass up transforming it into a 'chicken wire' appearance.
- I am so in love with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. The Whisper White focal layer is sized 2-1/2" x 3", which does not match any of the stitched framelits. I used the largest framelit to help me create a stitched impression on all four sides.
- Did you hear that the Watercolor Pencils are back in stock? Not for long, though, so you will want to get your set real soon...the second round of stock is estimated to be sold out within the next couple of weeks. I used Blender Pens to do my coloring with the Watercolor Pencils...everyone needs to try out a Calypso Coral hairdo, right?!! haha.
- Even though Valentines Day is here and gone, the Mini Paper Clips found with the Sending Love Suite (Page 15 in the Occasions catalog) came in handy to accent the Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine.
There are several different sassy chicks with sentiments available in the Hey Chick stamp set that I could have used in the lower corner of the card, but this one fit the bill for a birthday celebration. Don't you just love it when you have the freedom to create how you feel? LOVE it!
For more Birthday themed inspiration, make sure you visit the other Stamp It Group members' blogs to see what projects they have to share. Thanks for stopping by....stop back again real soon.
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Designer Tin of Cards Card Kit with a Bonus...this give away includes the stamp set! To enter, you must leave a comment on any Stamp It Blog Hop Post....AND, you must include the correct hash tag...#stampitcontest.
Blog Hop Participants
Don't forget...when you leave your comment for your chance to win this amazing kit, I love to read them.
Sale-A-Bration Celebration is an exclusive FREE event!
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code VCPPZPRY to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!
Product List for Hey Chick Birthday card