Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Thank you for stopping and Welcome aboard the October Stamp It Blog Hop! This month's theme is related to anything regarding Thanksgiving. Can you believe that there is only about 4-1/2 weeks before the feasts of turkey (or, whatever your favorite traditional foods may be) fill the kitchen table?!!
If you have been traveling along the Stamp It Group Blog Hop, you may have come here from my dear friends, Teresa Howe's blog. If this is your very first stop, I want to thank you so much for stopping to visit me. If you like to skip and hop and happen to get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Vintage and rustic are two of my favorite creative styles. My card shows off one of the patterns from the Petals & Paisley's Specialty Designer Series Paper....it reminds me of the old Polyester suits worn back-in-the-day. The focal image features a couple of Bundled products...designed to save you 10% when you purchase the coordinating items together. Would you believe me when I tell you that the Jolly Friends stamp set and the coordinating Jolly Hat Builder Punch make up the Cornucopia? The flower images come from the Paisleys & Posies stamp set and coordinating Paisley Framelits. Papercrafting made super easy! Let's take a peek at the card.
- Start with a Very Vanilla card base measuring 4-1/4" x 11" with a center score across the middle at 5-1/2".
- The Layering Squares render some nice clean cuts of petite scallops to accompany the Petals & Paisley designer series paper layer and the main focal images.
- To create the Cornucopia Horn, ink up the Hat in Crumb Cake and stamp onto Mint Macaroon cardstock. Use the Jolly Hat Builders punch to punch it out. The flowers are inked in Delightful Dijon and Rich Razzleberry and stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock. These are cut out using the Paisley Framelits and attached to the Horn with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Add in some Gold Metallic Thread for a little bling. Stamp the sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set onto Delightful Dijon cardstock with Soft Suede ink. Tuck it under the bottom scalloped layer.
- For a rustic effect, take your Crumb Cake marker (big marker end), and 'flick' ink randomly onto the card with the use of the marker cap. Instead of using your fingernail to flick the ink, use the marker cap...this keeps you from having a brown inky finger for a day or two. LOL!
Soooo, what do you think? I think it turned out pretty quite lovely! :) There is lots more where that came from....you'll want to make sure you visit the other Stamp It Group members' blogs to see what Thanksgiving-themed projects they have to share. Don't forget to come back real soon.
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Watercolor Wishes Card Kit! You are going to LOVE this predesigned, precut, all accessories included, kit to create 18 fun cards (6 each of 3 designs). PLUS, there are always leftover supplies to extend your creativity...make a scrapbook page, note cards, gift tags, or whatever your creative MOJO inspires you to create.
start of hoppers list
Don't forget...when you leave your comment for your chance to win this amazing kit, I love to read them.
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Holiday Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code YBVGW4P2 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these cards? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!