Have you gotten your hands on the AWESOME Scalloped Tag Topper punch found in the Occasions Mini catalog? If so, have you jumped on board the rave for creating cards with a tie-closure? This technique makes for a unique style of card and is so much fun and super easy!! Each year I have a plan to get all of my birthday wishes mailed out (or hand-delivered) early, if not at least, ON TIME!! This card creation saved the day!!
I started out with a Whisper White piece of cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2. Do not score anything until after you have punched the short sides with your Scalloped Tag Topper punch. Once you have the "tags" and have snipped away the excess, then you fold the right tag flush with the card edge (the new edge after excess has been snipped away). Lay this side flush with your Simply Scored Tool and score at 4-1/4". When you fold at your new score line, your "tags" should meet at the points.
For this card, I used several products available in the Occasions Mini catalog and focused on the colors coordinating with the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper (page 27)....Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush and Whisper White. The star and sentiment come from the Perfect Pennants stamp set. I stamped the sentiment using Jet Black StazOn ink...I find this ink to give a very vivid black image....my go-to black ink. Of course, I had to throw some Gorgeous Grunge in their using Crushed Curry. I die cut the sentiment using one of the Chalk Talk tags. I die cut a second one out of Basic Black, cut it in half (top to bottom) and positioned each half so that it gave a 'matted' appearance. The tag was decorated with some luscious Strawberry Slush 3/8" Ruffled Stretch Trim tied off with Whisper White Baker's Twine and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. Oh, the fun part...I stamped the sentiment 2 more times....each in Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay, cut and punched the individual pieces and set into place to add color and coordinate with the panel that it rests on. Last final touch....I used some 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon to finish off the prett-i-ness of the 'tag' connectors. SUPER easy and fun!
Here is what it looks like when opened. You can create sooo many varieties using this technique....feminine, masculine, children, holidays, etc. Go ahead....get your stamps, ink and paper out and play! Have fun!!
Can you believe that in 11 days Sale-A-Bration will come to an end?!! YIKES!! Monday, March 31st is not far away. If you have your eye on any of the FREE Sale-A-Bration gifts with your $50 purchase, don't hesitate....time has been flying (for instance, where did February go???) and I hate to see you miss out.
- Join my Stampin' Up! team for $99 and hand-select $150 worth of Stampin' Up! product from any of our current catalogs. Contact me for more details.
- SALE-A-BRATION is HERE! FREE gift choice of one free item with every $50 purchase from the Sale-A-Bration brochure (choose from exclusive stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, Embossing Folder, new punch, and My Digital Studio products).
- FREE Tutorial! Peaceful Petals Tutorial with a $50 minimum order. Offer ends March 29th.
- Join me at www.mypaperpumpkin.com and get your Paper Pumpkin Kit delivered right to your door every month. PLUS, if you are a Brand New subscriber, you will get a FREE set of In Color Markers! Don't forget....the subscription will ask for a Demonstrator's name....I'd love it if you chose me...Lori Mueller, as your Demonstrator.
- Shop the Clearance Rack for bargains up to 80% off! New additions to the list....get them while supplies last!
- Check out the latest downloads for My Digital Studio, these can now be added to Customer and Workshop orders!
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
Ink Pads: Bermuda Bay (131171), Strawberry Slush (131178), Crushed Curry (131173)
The Finishing Touch: 1/8" Bermuda Bay Taffeta Ribbon (131206), 3/8" Strawberry Slush Ruffled Stretch Trim (130023), Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)