So, how many Easter bunnies do you have running around your house?...hiding in the bushes waiting to nibble on those beautiful tulips and daffodils that have decided to come out of hybernation when you aren't looking? UGH!! The one thing I miss about living on a farm is the family dog that lives to chase those cute little fuzzy creatures away from the beautiful flower beds. LOL
Well, today, I have a super CUTE project to share with you....a Hoppin' Retro Easter Egg with a surprise middle! YUMMY, right?!! I know I've said this before, but the Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper is my ultimate favorite right now....and all of the other products in that line....Washi Tape, Retro Fresh This and That Journal, Journaling Tags, Designer Stickers, and the Make Note Rotary Stamp. All of these items are found on Page 19 in the Occasions Mini catalog....you REALLY need to get some and play. ;) Check out this little cutie!
**squeal** Isn't this the CUTEST thing you've ever seen?!! I used my Oval Collection Framelits Dies (the largest oval before the scalloped die in the set) to cut out two 'Easter Eggs' from Very Vanilla cardstock. Before cutting one of the ovals, I randomly positioned strips of the Retro Washi Tape, then die-cut. This way, I didn't have to hand cut to trim the excess....the oval framelit did that for me. YEAH!
Next, I took that same Reto layer and die cut the middle in half using the pretty scallop die from the Adorning Accents Edgelits die set. I positioned the die a smidgin below the half-way point across the egg....this is to show off the 'surprise middle'. Teehehehe I scored the top half of the egg at 1/4" using my Simply Scored Tool and used Mono Adhesive Glue to stick it to the 2nd oval die cut. The bottom half of the egg is attached using Mono Adhesive glue....buuut, only put a thin line of glue on the exterior border of the half so that you leave an open pocket for that 'surprise middle'. I sponged all edges with Crumb Cake, including the Small Ovall punch that is nesting the little bunny from the Eggstra Spectacular stamp set in the Occasions Mini. Don't you just love the little pearl for the bunny tail. CUTE!!
Are you ready to see the 'surprise middle'?
The little So-Saffron chick-a-dee is made using the Bird Builder punch and is nestled behind some homemade Gumball Green grass using my new Fringe Scissors (page 31-Occasions Mini). The sentiment comes from the Delightful Dozen stamp set inked in Early Espresso, stamped onto a piece of Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper, and punched out with the Wide Oval punch. Everything is glued to a 1" x 3-3/4" strip of Very Vanilla cardstock. The last accent is the 1/2" Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon tied across the top.
On your mark, get set! **squeal** Stampin' Up! will be offering FREE shipping on any orders placed beginning Monday, April 21 (after 12:01 a.m. Mountain) through Friday, April 25 (deadline is 11:50 p.m. Mountain). Expedited shipping is excluded from the free offer.
THE BEST PART . . .
- Stock up! There is NO MINIMUM ORDER for the Stampin' Up! FREE Shipping offer! It doesn't matter if your order only includes a single package of Stampin' Dimensionals and a pack of cardstock or an order that blows out your bank account (not recommended, of course!)....Shipping is FREE!
- Perfect timing! Stampin' Up! will be releasing the retiring stamp and accessories list on Monday, April 21--the same day FREE shipping begins. Watch for details on the retiring product list on my Stampin' Dreams Blog. Please note: The retiring products (both stamps and accessories) are only available while supplies last. Don't get caught empty handed....be sure to order your favorites early!
- Take advantage of getting those favorite In Colors that are retiring (Gumball Green, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit). PLUS, add items from the Weekly Deals, the Clearance Rack, Personalized stamp....anything we are currently selling can be shipped free!
Lori's Stampin' Up! Promotion Reminders
- Join my Stampin' Up! team for $99 and hand-select $125 worth of Stampin' Up! product from any of our current catalogs. PLUS, your Convention Registration is FREE! Contact me for more details.
- Project Life by Stampin' Up! kits available for purchase May 1st. Super excited about Stampin' Up!'s new partnership with Becky Higgins.
- Join me at www.mypaperpumpkin.com and get your Paper Pumpkin Kit delivered right to your door every month. Don't forget....the subscription will ask for a Demonstrator's name....I'd love it if you chose me...Lori Mueller, as your Demonstrator.
- Shop the Clearance Rack for bargains up to 80% off! New additions to the list....get them while supplies last!
- Stampin' Rewards = Free products with $150+ orders.
- Check out the latest downloads for My Digital Studio, these can now be added to Customer and Workshop orders!
NEW CATALOG DATES:
- Monday, April 28: New Catalog Premiere Events for demonstrators
- Thursday, May 1: Demonstrators can pre-order from the New catalog
- Thursday, May 1-30: New Recruits will receive a case of both new and old catalogs with their Demonstrator Starter kit.
- Monday, May 19: All Demonstrators will be mailed a free catalog from Stampin’ Up
- Mid-May: Customers who’ve earned a free catalog, or pre-ordered will be shipped (as soon as they arrive to me)
- Details for earning free and pre-ordering new catalogs will be announced soon
- Monday, June 2: CATALOG PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER ORDERS
May God Bless You and Your Family!! Always take the opportunity to HUG the ones you love in your life!
Stamp Set: Eggstra Spectacular (133068-WM; 133071-CM), Delightful Dozen (128547-WM; 122652-CM)
Cardstock Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Gumball Green (126861), So Saffron (105118)
Designer Series Paper: Retro Fresh (132993)
Ink Pads: Early Espresso (126974), Crumb Cake (126975)
Markers: Tangerine Tango (131259-set of 10), Basic Black (100082-individual)
Great Tools: Ovals Collection Framelits Dies (129381), Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595), Bird Builder Punch (117191), Extra-Large Oval Punch (119859), Small Oval Punch (120908), Fringe Scissors (133325), Paper Snips (103579), Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), Stampin' Paper Trimmer (126889), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
The Finishing Touch: Basic Pearls (119247), 1/2" Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon (122332), Retro Fresh Designer Washi Tape (133001), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)