Well, that time of year is almost here....the final days of Stampin' Up!'s Retirement list for 2013-2014. Less than one week left! That narrows down to only 6 days to purchase your favorite Stampin' Up! stamps and accessories (including the 2012-2014 In Colors) before they go into permanent retirement and gone away for good. Check out which stamp sets and accessories are still available (a good chunk are discounted, too!) by clicking the links below. Retiring products are only available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST so order your favorites as soon as you can. You don't want to miss out! Many items are already selling out.
- Retiring Stamps (Available April 21-June 4, 2014, or while supplies last)
- Retiring Accessories (Available April 21-June 4, 2014, or while supplies last)
With that said, I wanted to share a card I used for my Stampin' Retirement Party class. Masculine cards are always on the high "I need" list, and focusing on the retiring Soho Subway Designer Series Paper and Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies fit the 'bill'. YEP! Pun intended because both items are discounted at a great price making it nice and easy on your pocketbook! YAY!!
This card fell together so quick and easy. Here are the card deets....
- The Island Indigo card base measures the traditional 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".
- The matted layer consists of some Very Vanilla sponged with Crumb Cake and a layer of Soho Subway Designer Series Paper (retiring and discounted 50%) and a piece of Island Indigo that was dry embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.
- I added a piece of 7/16" Naturals Trim Ribbon accented with some strands pulled from the 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon tied through a Basic Metal Button to the matted layer before gluing it to the card base.
- The rectangular Very Vanilla focal point was stamped using Gorgeous Grunge and Island Indigo ink. Before stamping onto this piece, I actually stamped the inked image onto my work surface paper TWICE and then the 3rd time was stamped directly on the Very Vanilla layer. NOTE: I did not reink the stamp each time I stamped....I literally stamped once, twice (on scrap paper), and three times (onto the cardstock). Doing this process allowed me to get a nice subtle bit of color....without the little bit of color behind the die-cut letters, it looked too drab. But that's just me.
- The letters 'D A D' were die cut using the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies. To give these letters some dimension, I had some chipboard type material that I covered with some Summer Starfruit colored Soho Subway Designer Series Paper. I just LOVE these Bigz dies because they can cut through 50 different types of materials. See the list HERE. After die-cutting the letters, I popped them up using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- NOTE: The Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies is a set of 26 letters, Numbers 0-9, and 2 symbols. They are retiring and featured on the Weekly Deals that are good from May 27-June 2nd.
I just LOVE how this turned out. The touch of Summer Starfruit Soho Subway colored letters just make the card POP! Adds to the rustic, country, woods-ey feel....perfect for the man in your life, whether he is your Dad or husband or brother or Father-in-law. I thought this could go as a birthday card, Father's Day, or I'm Thinking of You....whatever occasion you feel fits best. Enjoy!!
- Join my Stampin' Up! team! TWO great Starter Kit options:
- $99 Demo Kit – Traditional Starter Kit – $125 product value
- $50 Demo Kit – Reduced Priced Starter Kit – $55 product value (offer valid May 28 - June 30, 2014)
- Join me at www.mypaperpumpkin.com and get your Paper Pumpkin Kit delivered right to your door every month. Don't forget....the subscription will ask for a Demonstrator's name....I'd love it if you chose me...Lori Mueller, as your Demonstrator.
- Shop the Clearance Rack for bargains up to 80% off! New additions to the list....get them while supplies last!
- Stampin' Rewards = Free products with $150+ orders.
- Check out the latest downloads for My Digital Studio, these can now be added to Customer and Workshop orders!
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
Ink Pads: Island Indigo (126986), Crumb Cake (126975)
The Finishing Touch: 7/16" Naturals Trim Ribbon (129287), Basic Metal Buttons (133319), 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon (132140), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)