I recently heard on the radio that September 1st officially marks the first signs of Fall. I think they are right....all of a sudden I've seen the store fronts loaded with beautiful blooming chrysanthemums in the festive Stampin' Up! colors of Hello Honey, Cajun Craze, and Rich Razzleberry. The last couple of weeks has brought in cooler temps, low-lying fogs, and College football....the sea of Red to Memorial Stadium. GO BIG RED!! So, to celebrate the coming of Fall in Stampin' Up! style, last week's stamping class focused on the new Fall Fest Photopolymer stamp set with coordinating Fun Fall Framelits Dies. I illustrated the technique of 'framing a focal point' with the use of a variety of Framelits. Absolutely love all my framelits....don't know how I managed creating before their time!!
Super easy (no spooks allowed) card recipe....
- Crushed Curry card base measures the 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" with the fold across the top.
- Using the Hexagon Hive Framelit, die-cut a piece of the woodgrain Designer paper from the Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper pack. Layer the die cut onto a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock.
- Ink up one of the goblin faces from the Fall Fest stamp set in Jet Black StazOn ink and randomly stamp in any of the open Hexagon shapes.
- White & Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim was wrapped around the Hexagon/Tangering Tango layer and tied in a knot. To allow for the thickness of the this trim, I added Stampin' Dimensionals to this layer, then matted onto a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock that measures 4" x 5-5/16".
- Adhere this entire grouping to the Crushed Curry card base.
- Die cut a Basic Black cardstock piece using the Circles Collection Framelits. I used the 6th circle framelit from the center (or, in other words, the 4th largest circle framelit)....whichever direction you like to reference.
- Die cut the ghost (from the Fun Fall Framelits) from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and pop up onto the Circle die using Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the Cupcake Builder Punch to create Basic Black eyes for my ghost. Add more dimensionals to the Circle framelit and set in place onto the Hexagon layer.
- Banner cut the sentiment from the Good Greetings stamp set (FREE with qualifying party!) with the Bitty Banner Framelits...inked with Jet Black StazOn ink and stamped onto scraps of Tangerine Tango cardstock. Wrap them around some toothpicks and stick through the Two-Tone Trim.
INTRICATE DIE-CUTTING TIP: When using framelit dies that have very narrow and intricate/delicate areas, use a sheet of wax paper to improve the removal of the newly cut piece from your die. For instance, the Hexagon Hive die has lots of very thin strips to create the 'hive' edges. When creating your Big Shot sandwich, layer in this order (from bottom to top)....Big Shot platform with all tabs (or use the Magnetic Platform), cutting plate, cardstock or Designer Series Paper, sheet of wax paper, Hexagon Hive Die, cutting plate....then run through your Big Shot. You will find that everything will come out of the die slicker than a whistle. For kicks, try it without the wax paper layer to see the difference in difficulty.
BUNDLES: Fall Fest Photopolymer Stamp set and Fun Fall Framelits Dies....purchase the Fall Fest Photopolymer Bundle and save 15%. Want more savings? Check out all of the Stampin' Up! bundles that will save you lots of moolah! I love saving so that I can buy more of my favorites!
FREE EXCLUSIVE STAMP SET
Earn the exclusive Good Greetings Stamp Set when your party (or online order) reaches $300... that's over and above the regular exiting benefits of hostess rewards (or stampin' rewards). That's right, a FREE stamp set in addition to all the other exciting and generous benefits you get when you host a party from August 28 to October 31!
This versatile stamp set covers holidays from Halloween to Valentines and more.
The Fine Print:
- Dates: August 28th- October 31, 2014
- Print: Good Greetings Flyer
- All order types qualify for this promotion
- One set per workshop or online order of $300 or more
- Orders larger than the qualifying amount are not eligible for additional sets
- Choose wood or clear mount stamp set
NEED A PRINT COPY OF THE STAMPIN' UP! HOLIDAY CATALOG and would like to place your next Stampin' Up! order through me? Contact me to order a FREE Holiday or Annual Catalog. As a courtesy, if you plan to order Stampin' Up! products through another demonstrator, contact them directly for your copy, please. Thank you!
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
Ink Pads: Jet Black StazOn (101406)