I am so happy to have you visit me this morning! Welcome to our Team Stamp It Blog Hop where we are creating and sharing beautiful Winter-y and Christmas designs. You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher's blog (Hop #5) on the Team Stamp It Hop. I am #6 in the hop. Let's take a look at what wonderful Stampin’ Up! supplies I have used with my project.
At first glance, what do you see absent from a traditional stamped card? Eeek! That's right, my project shows off absolutely NO stamping! I think that after you see how this came together, you'll be biting at the bit to create one, too. ;) Yep! It's a Shaker Card. **squeal** Please remember that the products that I used for today's card are listed at the very end! Enjoy!
- It's a traditional A2 card...card base is Old Olive cardstock measuring 5-1/2". x 4-1/4" layered with Cherry Cobbler and the LOVELY Kraft cardstock!
- LOVE the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder! It really adds a WOW factor using the Kraft cardstock....and a little POP when I sponged with a little Baked Brown Sugar ink over the snowflakes.
- The single sentiment is created with the help of Apothecary Framelits and the Little Letters Thinlit dies. LOVE that the letters are not set in a 'straight and narrow' position....cute and fun! AND, that the Little Letters Thinlits fit inside the Apothecary framelit on my Big Shot platform so that I could make one pass through the Big Shot...two die cuts with one pass!
- Adding a piece of 3" x 1-1/2" Window Sheet to the backside of the 'Noel' layer will keep the multitude of Confetti Stars from falling out.
- LOVE the ease our Shaker Frames....they have just the right height to allow your confetti to float around between the layers. Plus, they are narrow so that you can take a 'ring', slice to open the ring and add to the border/edges of the Apothecary frame allowing lots of space for the confetti to shake around in. I used a couple of rings and opened them up to form a 3" x 1-1/2" 'frame' to keep the confetti inside. To finish the shaker component and give you something pretty to see through the 'Window', add a 3" x 1-1/2" Cherry Cobbler design piece from Under The Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper to the Shaker foam frame
- To make the card complete, I added some homemade Cherry Cobbler grommets and 1/8" Old Olive Taffeta Ribbon tails that are tied off with Linen Thread. The Shaker is glued directly to the card using Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue....and, VOILA!! Shake-shake-shake!
I hope you enjoy your travels through the blog hop and are inspired by the amazing talent that you will see today! Have fun and take it all in! Thank you so much for popping by. Now, head on over to Tonya Jastad's blog for some more gorgeousness....there are 11 hops today with LOTS of inspiration ahead for you....(and me, too! I can't wait to see each and everyone's posts, too). If you get off track at any time, just click on the Previous or Next button and you'll go the full swing and come back around again.