So, who is the man in your life that is celebrating a birthday? For me, it was my Dad...his birthday was this last Saturday...Happy Birthday, Dad! I didn't get to celebrate his special day with him in person, but he did receive a wonderful sing-a-gram from me. I definitely am not American Idol qualified, but I think he enjoyed it nonetheless. He's such a good sport!
Today's share comes as the 2nd card project from my "Celebrate Today" stamp class last week. This card was inspired by Jenny Peterson's creation I found on online (I think Pinterest). The card sketch remains the same, but I did a bunch of switch-a-roo's with the color palette, designer series paper and embellishments. The color palette originates from the Birthday Bash Designer Series paper (except the Sahara Sand)...Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadows, and Whisper White.
Here are the fine details....
- The Whisper White card base measures 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" with the fold at the top. Layered with Sahara Sand (4" x 5-1/4"), then topped with a piece of Birthday Bash Designer Series paper measuring 3-1/2" x 4-3/4"). I just love the pattern of this Crushed Curry paper...YUMMY!
- The Mossy Meadows circle was die cut using the Circles Collections framelits...3rd from the smallest of the set. I inked the decorative banner stamp from the Celebrate Today stamp set with Mossy Meadow Classic ink and stamped onto the circle...tone on tone stamping.
- All topped with a strip of Whisper White that is banner cut using my paper snips, stamped with Crushed Curry and Sahara Sand Classic ink, and embellished with some Sweet Dreams Washi tape and a Sweet Dreams Designer (Sahara Sand) button and Basic Gray Baker's Twine.
- To give the card some balance, I added some banners die cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits and the Banner die from the Circle Card Thinlit set of dies. Oh, and a little bit of bling of Rhinestones Jewels, which really isn't a 'manly' thing, buuuut....it's a 'just because' addition. WOOT!
I really enjoyed this sketch...I hope you will give it a try, too. All of the supplies to create this gem can be found at the bottom of this post.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Occasions Catalog
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2014-15 Catalog online
- VIEW: Sale-a-Bration (FREE product with $50 order)
- VIEW: Sale-A-Bration 2nd Release PDF
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 9S4A2H43 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $40 or more.
3 Ways to Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Goodies!!
Check out all of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration items you can earn for FREE this year! Browse the Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF.
Sale-A-Brate Now...To Celebrate Later!
I'll be hosting a very special event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil you! It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 2!
It's FREE—Earn Your Invitation! Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details.
May God Bless You and Your Family!!