HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you! Today, I am sharing the card I created and sent off to my Mom with a box of Dove Heart Chocolates and gift. I don't want to spill too many beans because her package will not arrive in her mailbox until Monday. Yes, I am traditionally late....no matter how many weeks or months I purchase a gift...in advance! Eeeek! I am so excited to share my card...let's take a peek.
Here are the fine details....
- I'm soooo happy that Stampin' Up! prints the colors featured in each of the Designer Series Paper packs....makes it so much easier to look for coordinating cardstocks, inks, embellishments, etc. The color combination is partly inspired by the All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack...Blushing Bride (card base) and Lost Lagoon (matted layer to Blushing Bride patterned paper). I threw in Pear Pizzazz to ink up the leaves because it was a tad darker than Pistachio Pudding.
- I would have to say that 99% of my creations MUST have a texture or mix of media sprinkled throughout. Even though I did not use my Big Shot (GASP!!), I added a little texture of distressing around the sentiment. This piece is matted on a Lost Lagoon patterned piece from the All Abloom DSP Stack.
- The sentiment comes from the Mother's Love stamp set and was inked with Versa Mark ink, then heat embossed using Basic Black embossing powder and my heat tool. The photo doesn't show off the embossing, but the raised texture really adds a beautiful WOW factor. When in doubt about the appearance of any sentiment...heat emboss it. :-)
- I would have to say that it has been FOREVER since I have fussy-cut anything. The floral images in the Mother's Love stamp set are designed as a 2-step stamp system. I stamped the outline of the flower & stemp using Memento Black Ink, and then inked up the 'filler' of the flowers and leaves using Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz. I layered the flowers and used Stampin Dimensionals to pop them up.
- To add character and balance, I used Linen Thread to tie around the flower stems...giving it the appearance of a flower bunch. I took a 1/4 of a Tea Lace Doily, scrunched it and glued it to the back of the sentiment layer; and fussy cut the smaller flower of the group and popped up and placed in the corner.
- And, don't forget the bling! Each flower was adorned with a Rhinestone jewel.
I love dressing up the inside of my cards, too. I did warn you that this was a beauty, right?!! I had sooo much fun creating this card for my wonderful Mom. Now that I've shared, I am really anxious for her to get her package. Giddy up, Pony Express!
NOTE: The All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack is on the Accessories retirement list and discounted to 50% off.
LAST CHANCE STAMPIN’ UP! RETIRING PRODUCTS AND SAVINGS. The Stampin’ Up! Retiring Products Lists are available! Get your favorite stamps, dies, punches, designer series paper and embellishments while supplies last. Select items up to 50% off!
An “X” in the right column indicates the product has sold out.
Click on the buttons below to view the list of stamps and accessories that will no longer be available as of June 2nd. The stamp sets will continue to be made until May 26th, but the Accessories will only be available while supplies last. Don't delay.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- RETIRING PRODUCTS: Some up to 50% off while supplies last or ending June 2
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Occasions Catalog
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2014-15 Catalog online
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 3AXX2SPA to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
GOTTA HAVE IT? Please click on the Stampin’ Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. A printable supply list is available as well!