Custom Class Of 2015 Graduation Card for Paige
May 28, 2015
It's that time of year, again. The time when many young 17- and 18-year-olds reach the final day as a high school student...their last path through the classrooms that was filled with so much knowledge to be shared and learned. The time of year to celebrate the many successes obtained and achieved to reach the grand finale...Graduation.
This little gem is for a special young lady, Paige, whom we've known since birth; therefore, a special milestone in a young life deserves a special 'over the top' kind of graduation card. Let's check out the card deets:
- I was soooo happy to see the Class of 2015 single stamp offered in the Occasions Mini catalog. Granted, it may appear that it is only usable for the year 2015, but that's not true. Just simply die cut or stamp a different number and pop it up over the '5'. Or, you can take a panel of coordinating cardstock to cover all of the numbers and add whatever...a sentiment such as "Class Of Hard Knocks", a whole new set of numbers, etc. Don't give up on this stamp set just yet.
- I love designing a special graduation card to the schools colors. This schools colors were Red and Black. The day of graduation, the graduates were dressed in equal number of Red, Black and White graduation robes. So cool! Especially, since I designed my card in those same colors!
- The Whisper White panel was dry embossed with the Stylish Stripes Embossing folder and the help of my trusty (and most fav-or-ite tool) Big Shot. My Big Shot got a 'big' workout...die cut On Film framelits, the Starburst framelits (on the Retirement list), and the Circles Collection framelits. WHEW! I love-love-love my Big Shot!
- The Designer Series 12 x 12 Paper Packs are so handy to add a simple pattern to a somewhat busy and intricate creation. The Neutrals Paper Pack is also on the Retirement list to make room for a new pack with all new patterns to fall in love with. I decided to pair the patterned paper with a strip of Smoky Slate just to add a bit of subtleness.
- Now, about the single stamped image. You can do so many things with this stamp to build pizzazz. I chose to ink it up in the school colors...Memento Tuxedo Black and Real Red. The '2015' Banner was inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped onto a scrap piece, hand cut (or, what we call "fussy cutting), and then popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals onto the Circle die cut.
- There are other layers with Stampin' Dimensionals, too. Those little 'foam elevators' (as one of my customers calls them) really add height and character to any creation. Take a peek.
- Oh, and what card can leave your craft table without the inside all polished off and ready for your words of wisdom and lovely signature. Not mine! When I'm working with a darker cardstock base, it's worth it to add a layer of white or other very light colored cardstock so that your recipient can actually read your handwritten message.
- I dressed up the inside with some Whisper White and scrap strips of Basic Black and Real Red cardstock. I just love the Tag Talk stamp set as it renders itself to variety of inking techniques, too. Plus, there is a coordinating punch to make life quick and easy...the Label Bracket punch. I'm so happy to see that this stamp set was voted to move onto the new catalog. Whoop! :)
NOTE: The stamp set, Class of 2015 and the Starburst Framelits will be retiring at the end of this annual catalog year. I am really going to miss those framelits. They add a lot of spunk and character when you feel you need that little sumthin'-sumthin'. LOVE those framelits.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- RETIRING PRODUCTS: Some up to 50% off while supplies last or ending June 2
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Occasions Catalog
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2014-15 Catalog online
- 50% OFF your first two months Paper Pumpkin Subscription (New Subscribers only...Use Promo Code SAVE50)
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code ABUEPS2W to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
GOTTA HAVE IT? Please click on the Stampin’ Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. A printable supply list is available as well!