Hello stampers! I'm so happy that you are here because I am very excited to share with you a birthday card that I made for my daughter, Sydney, who celebrated her "Golden" birthday yesterday. What is a "Golden" birthday? Well, it's when your birthday and your new age are the same. Sydney turned 22 on her birthday, June 22nd! To celebrate my daughter's birthday always requires a very special (handmade, of course) card. I found that building the hype of her special day required one of the new stamp sets (Build A Birthday) found in the new catalog, page 11. Sooo much fun!
To 'build' this creation was easy, but the fussy cutting (in laymen terms...lots of hand cutting of the pieces) took a little bit of time. Let's check out the card deets:
- Are you drooling over the color combination, yet? My, oh my! The colors of So Saffron and Lost Lagoon are my 2 newest favs right now! The So Saffron card base is a regular A2 size (4-1/4" x 5-1/2") with the fold down the left side.
- Every time I create a card for Sydney, I always give it a 'grunge' feel. And, yes, Gorgeous Grunge is my go-to stamp set to help me with that look. I think I used every stamped image, but one from this set. Talk about getting your monies worth! LOL The Very Vanilla layer was plastered with So Saffron and Lost Lagoon ink with splotches, speckles, and hash marks.
- The birthday cake was 'built' using lots of the images from the new Build A Birthday stamp set....again, using the So Saffron and Lost Lagoon inks. These 'cake' pieces are the reason for all of the fussy cutting. Because of the multitude of patterns for the cake, I used 2 of the framelits from the Circles Collection and die cut them one nested inside the other from our Vellum cardstock. This was to form 2 pieces, a whole circle and the other a ringlet. I used these vellum pieces to soften the layers of Build A Birthday cake layers from the Gorgeous Grunge patters. LOVE it!
- All cake pieces are popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals and centered onto the Very Vanilla stamped piece. I die cut the numbers "22" from Lost Lagoon cardstock using the new Little Numbers framelits. How stinkin' cute is it to add the flames to the top of the numbers to make it look like candles?!!
- The whole Very Vanilla & Lost Lagoon layer was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals and centered onto the card base. VOILA! That's all she wrote folks!
All HOBBY STAMPERS ARE WELCOMED! Take your passion for stamping and feed your favorite paper crafting hobby by purchasing the $99 Starter Kit thru me HERE. Fill your kit with $125 worth of Stampin’ Up! products (that's $26 in free products) and the starter kit ships to your door step for free.
PURCHASE BY JUNE 30 AND GET 2 FREE STAMP SETS (your choice)!
Purchase the Starter Kit with me and my Stampin' Up! family between June 2nd - 30th and you'll get to choose 2 extra FREE stamp sets in your Starter kit. **squeal** It's a BARGAIN for just $99! WAIT, there's more! You will be able to receive an additional 10% savings on your first qualifying order within the first 45 days. Awesome-possum!!
What are you waiting for? Purchase your Starter Kit, fill it with all of your favorite Stampin' Up! goodies!
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2014-15 Catalog online
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- DON’T MISS! The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies are $10 off!
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code SSGR6AT9 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
GOTTA HAVE IT? Please click on the Stampin’ Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. A printable supply list is available as well!