All I can say is "WHEW"! Summer is always a busy and exciting time for my family as it is filled with a handful of birthday celebrations, lots of gift buying, and too much good food. As we celebrated my younger daughter's (Kasey) birthday yesterday, we said goodbye to the 'teens' and greeted the beginning of a new decade. What better way to celebrate than with a birthday card using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set. I can't wait to share with you what I made! **squeal**
Let's check out the card deets:
- Have you tried using Stampin' Up!'s Kraft cardstock to use for your card base? How about making gift tags? Gift boxes? Oh dear! You really must give it a try. It is heavier than our regular cardstock, and is a natural 'kraft' color. LOVE it!! This cardstock is only available in 12x12 size, but you get 12 sheets. I love that it comes in this size so that I can use it with any of the Sizzix dies to create boxes and treat bags, too.
- The card base is 'almost' A2 size (4" x 5-1/2") with the fold across the top. This was a left over piece from another project...love working with various sized cards, plus, I used up a piece of 'scrap'. haha
- Kasey has always been the little girl with curls that loves to joke, laugh, and have fun. So to keep with her cheerful and contagious mood, I had to create a fun and whimsical card that is fitting to her personality. I think the mix of Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder and Very Vanilla scream 'happy' colors, don't you think? These are the same colors featured in the Sweet Li'l Things Designer Series paper. Super cute, but I had to cheat and use a strip of designer paper from a the retired "Flashback" series because I didn't want to include the color-coordinated baby-themed 'clouds patterns' included in the Sweet Li'l Things pack.
- For some added pizzazz, I pulled out the Squares Framelits Collection and created some 'frames' to coordinate with the color scheme. To add a little texture and fun, I found some drywall patch meshing tape and placed it behind the Pool Party frame. The rest of the frames were randomly positioned and glued down by adding liquid glue to the lower left corners. The rest of the frame sections are free from any adhesive.
- Before adding the focal image, I pulled some threads from the 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon and tied around the Pool Party panel and tied a bow through the Very Vanilla frame. This whole panel was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals and added to the Kraft card base.
- The cupcake, especially the cupcake liner, was the part that took me the longest to make a decision about. The upper part of the cupcake was inked with Watermelon Wonder and stamped onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I took my Aquapainter and watercolored Watermelon Wonder ink to make it look like it had been frosted. I love smooshing ink into the lid of the ink pad to watercolor. This gives you the freedom to make your watercoloring as dark or as light as you want...all with the squish of water from your Aquapainter.
- The one thing you have to be careful about when using Classic Inks and the Aquapainter is the smudge factor. I've put together a little sampling of the different ways to achieve a 'colored' image, but take note of what will happen when you watercolor over top of Classic Ink in the first sampling.
- I could have just went the easy way and stamped my images directly onto the Pool Party or Watermelon Wonder cardstock, but those did not satisfy my wish for a light and whimsically colored image. Plus, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to share with you how to watercolor an image and avoid the smudge factor. Teehehe!!
- NOTE: Stampin' Up! donates time and money to support Ronald McDonald House Charities and every year Stampin' Up! designates one stamp set on behalf of this cause. The Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) keeps families together and surrounded by love when their children are receiving medical treatment far from home. So, when you purchase your copy of the Sprinkles of Life stamp set, Stampin' Up! will donate $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. To date, they have contributed over $1,000,000 to RHMC and their network of local RMHC Chapters. Together, we do make a difference!
GOTTA LOVE STAMPIN' UP! SAVINGS!! Here are your Weekly deals! Have you noticed? Stampin' Up! has increased the number of merchandise items offered in the Weekly Deals (save up to 30%). Remember, there are limited quantities on these items at the sale price! Last week many things sold out fast! Want a bigger deal? Take a peek at the Clearance Rack because there were more items added last week (save up to 60%). Don't wait....get all your discounted favorites at a great price....but, only while supplies last.
Past Paper Pumpkin Kits: Get 'em while they're hot! If you are a current Paper Pumpkin subscriber, then you will want to grab some of your favorites before they are gone for good. Say WHAAAT?!! Yep! Some of our past kits are retiring forever on July 27 (and some are already gone for good). Get yours here.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code Y9SJRC4K to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
May God Bless You and Your Family!!
GOTTA HAVE IT?!! You can click on any of the Stampin' Up! product images below for more details and easy, online shopping. Have fun!