Good morning stampers & paper crafters!
YAY!! You have arrived for another inspirational ride along our Stamp It Blog Hop. You may have just arrived here from Siara Acdal's blog or this may be your very first stop. If so, thank you soooo much! I am excited you are here. Our August hops are featuring some Sneak Peek creations using products from the upcoming Holiday catalog. Let me tell you...EVERYTHING in the new Holiday catalog is super cute and fun that I struggled what to start creating with to show you....I wanted to play with ALL of my new products. :)
Have you ever needed a kick-start getting your creative juices started? Or, you have so many ideas rolling through your head, but don't know where to start? I have the same problem. That's when I go searching for a "sketch", which is like a 'floor plan' for you to follow. Just fill in the areas with stamped images, designer series paper, and embellishments, and you've got it made. VOILA! To tone down my long list of projects that I want to start, I recruited a little help from a MOJO Monday 411 sketch. I am so excited to show you....let's take a PEEK!
- Along with using a "sketch" to get me started, I like to look for Color Challenges to help me narrow down my choice of colors to use. I love ALL of Stampin' Up!'s color choices...40 regular family colors (Subtles, Regals, Brights, and Neutrals), plus, the luscious In Colors...5 newly introduced colors each year. I chose Pool Party, Lost Lagoon and Tangerine Tango.
- There is a new embossing folder...Woodland that gives a beautiful texture of old trees in the woods. LOVE it!! I decided to pair it up with a brand new stamp set called Happy Scenes. There are multiple 'scenes', but I chose the Fall-ish image and create a non-traditional Halloween card. To me, a traditional Halloween creation uses Black, Orange and a neutral (White or Vanilla). The Designer Series Paper comes from the Schoolhouse paper pack in the Annual Catalog. It was the only Series that had Tangerine Tango patterns.
- I re-discovered a few weeks ago the beauty of some specialty cardstock papers that Stampin' Up! has offered for a very long time...Shimmery White cardstock. OMGosh!! It is sooo much fun to watercolor images and backgrounds. I smooshed ink into the lids of my Pool Party and Tangerine Tango ink pads to add ink to the 'skyline' and pumpkins using my Aqua Painter.
- NOTE: When you want to watercolor any stamped image, you should be certain to use a Permanent ink, such as, Stampin' Up!'s Jet Black StazOn ink. I have discovered that our new Archival Black ink (available in the new Holiday Catalog) will also resist 'bleeding' or 'smearing' with the presence of water/liquid. I inked my main image with Early Espresso ink, so I had to watercolor my Pool Party skyline first, then, stamped the Fall tree and pumpkin image after the watercolored area dried. Soooo pretty!
- The last steps on my creations is all about the little touches of 'WOW'. The Happy Scenes stamp set has a bountiful selection of sentiments, but the one I wanted was a long 'phrase', so I only inked up the words 'Happy Halloween' in Lost Lagoon and stamped onto some scraps of Shimmery White cardstock. I hand-trimmed the words and popped them up using Stampin' Dimensionals. I get sooo much mileage with my 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon because I LOVE to cut off the stitched side and pull fibers to use as 'ribbon'. That little bow just melts it all together to create a lovely country-style Halloween card.
Creating Halloween projects with traditional colors is fun, but I hope you will try making a non-traditional Halloween project. The Holiday catalog goes live on September 1st...only a week and a couple days away. **squeal!** While the card ingredients are listed at the bottom of this post, you'll want to head on over to Liz Miller's blog to check out her amazing and cute sneak peeks. Just click on the 'next' button and you'll be on your way.
- Tami White
- Elizabeth Jeanne Thatcher
- Kim Quade
- Siara Acdal
- Lori Mueller <= (You are here!)
- Liz Miller
- Mary Bush
- Stephanie Kolker
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code Q96V7UC6 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
WANNA HAVE IT ALL? Please click on the Stampin’ Up! product images below for more details and easy, on-line shopping. A printable supply list is available as well!