Hello and welcome to another round of the Creative Inking Blog Hop! That's quite a blog post title, huh? I know it's a bit choppy...I'll work on better titles in the future. :) I am sooo excited and honored to be a member of this wonderful group of Creative Inking geniuses. All of the team members around the world have been working hard to create adorable, fun and inspiring projects for you to drool over. Grab your cup of Joe (or other favorite morning beverage) and let the inspiration begin!
Our crafting theme for September is Hooray for Halloween or Amazing Autumn. Contrary to what I mentioned yesterday about not being ready to step into the Fall season, I thought I would get my toes wet a little and create another card using the Acorny Thank You bundle (stamp set and coordinating Acorn Builder punch). Let's check it out.
- Do you find yourself struggling to pick out a color combination for a card? I know that I do, but that's when I go to one of the Designer Series Paper packs that Stampin' Up! offers. I *love* it that all of the colors are listed on the back of the cardboard insert. So for this card, I focused on the Into the Woods Designer Series Paper pack (available in the new Holiday catalog, page 43) and ended up using all 8 colors on this card! Amazing, right?!! I could not help myself.
- One of my favorite items in the Holiday catalog is that AWESOME Woodland Embossing Folder (page 39). How many different ways can you say "gorgeous"?!! I have seen soooo many creations and brilliant uses of this folder. You *really* need to get one for your stash of supplies. Just sayin'!
- I pulled out a couple of new framelits and dies that got to meet cardstock for the first time. The 'ticket' layers under the acorns are layered using the Tags & Labels Framelits. There are 6 nesting framelits for the tickets and the same for the tags; and they nest nicely with each other to create a cute accent. The scalloped edge comes from the Cutie Pie Thinlits dies. I hated to leave the edge of the Mossy Meadow layer plain and without interest, so adding a little Early Espresso scallop was just the right touch of character.
- The Acorns are so adorable and versatile. I loved stamping the nut toppers in the various colors of ink, punching them out, and placing over top of the Soft Suede nut layer. Pop them up using dimensionals and you've got "Acorny Thank You". teehehe
DID YOU KNOW? that Stampin' Up! offers two different types of Whisper White cardstock? Yep! There is our traditional 80 lb. Whisper White cardstock that is perfect for stamping and punching out images like the Acorns on the card, but, we now offer a heavier weight of Whisper White cardstock that is perfect to use for the base of your card. It is a thick 100 lb. weight...and is absolute lovely to work with. You really need to get a package to see for yourself. ;)
I had lots of fun creating this Acorny Thank You...very easy to make...colorful just like an Amazing Autumn season. Now, you will want to hop on over to Colleen's blog and check out the inspiration she has to share with everyone. Just click on the 'Next' button and you'll be hoppin'. If you get lost or sidetracked, just come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun getting your fill of wonderful inspiration...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
1. Sue Lehrer
2. Diane Evans
4. BJ Peters
5. Amber Swift
6. Kristine Lutrario -
7. Lisa Bowell
8. Lori Mueller <= (You are HERE)
10. Lynn Streifert
11. Phyllis Shepherd
12. Lisa Curcio
Sign up before October 10th to receive this special edition "PINK" Paper Pumpkin Box. I would love to have you on my Subscribers team! $1 for each existing subscription and $2 for each new subscription will be donated to Breast Cancer Research. Here's my Paper Pumpkin Store to sign up. Click HERE for all of the details. I hope you will help us raise Breast Cancer Awareness.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code R7DAQE97 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!