Good morning, stampers and paper crafters! The members of the Creative Inking team are uuubber excited to share with you some "Terrific Techniques" for this months Creative Inking Blog Hop! Whether this is your first stop on the hop, or you arrived here from Lisa's blog....Welcome!! and I can't wait to share with you my awesome project with you. You are definitely going to enjoy this hop!
It is the middle of November and we have not seen one flake of snow yet in Eastern Nebraska. I shouldn't say that too loudly as we are expected to receive approximately 2" starting tomorrow afternoon. Eeek! My Geraniums and Hibiscus are still blooming and looking quite colorful and beautiful. They have been covered for the night in hopes to preserve their beauty a few more days. But, with the snow, come the holidays, too. So, to get in the spirit of snow and the holidays, I chose to play with the stamp set Jingle All the Way along with the coordinating Sleigh Ride Edgelits. An elegant bundle found on page 12 of the Holiday catalog.
- How long has it been since you have pulled out your Stampin' Up! Brayer? Me?? FOREVER!! and a day! That fun, spongy tool is so versatile. I chose to show off how to create a gradient of ink using Lost Lagoon as my color of choice. Ink up the Brayer by rolling across the ink pad MANY times...you want the Brayer evenly covered with plenty of ink.
- The next technique is creating an oval frame using 2 of the Oval Framelits to die cut a Dazzling Diamond frame to set the stage for the Houses from the Sleigh Ridge Edgelits set. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to pop the frame up so that the Lost Lagoon gradient displays similar to a setting sunset. Just the right amount of bling to enhance the gradient layer.
- There are several sentiments in the Jingle All the Way stamp set, but this card really speaks a nostalgic "home for Christmas" setting.
I have created a really quick video to show you how stinkin' easy it is to create the gradient background using your Brayer.
Because it has been sooo long since I have dusted off my Brayer, I was more than a bit intimidated to create this card. I can't believe how amazing it looks in real life...I am sooo in love with this card. Simple and elegant! I hope you will go hunt down your long lost Brayer and give this technique a try. You can't go wrong. Now, you will want to hop on over to Dena's blog...I know she will have a terrific technique to share with you. Just click on the 'Next' button and you'll be hoppin'. If you get lost or sidetracked, just come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun getting your fill of wonderful inspiration...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
1. Sue Lehrer
3. BJ Peters
4. Amber Swift
9. Lisa Curcio
10. Lori Mueller <= You are HERE
11. Dena Rekow
Thank you so much for shopping with me!!
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog online
- Use Hostess Code XPGG4UCE to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
- BEST DEAL! Do you have $99 or more on your wish list? Great news! The Demonstrator Kit is $99....you get $25 in additional free product...AND, your kit will ship to you FREE!
All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!