Stamp It Blog Hop -- Christmas Holidays with Santa
November 21, 2015
Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to our November Stamp It group blog hop. This months crew has been concentrating on some fun Christmas Holiday cards and giftable projects to share with you. If you hopped on over here from Mary's blog, or made this stop your first visit....Welcome! I am super excited to have you here.
My husband and his Mom (my sweeeet mother-in-law) were reminiscing recently about the days when he was a boy and they would spend Christmas Eve at his grandparent's house for the evening. I've heard these stories many, many times, but one of my favorites is when supper was eaten and the dishes were done, Santa would come to the door with a large sack filled with presents for him, his brother and the cousins. This tradition carried on for quite a few years until they realized that 'Santa' was really their Uncle Jon. haha So, my creation today was inspired by a sweet memory of Santa.
Isn't Santa totally ADORBS?!!!
- I have extreme trouble leaving the front card base all by itself...as a single layer. To give the front a face-lift, I will cut another piece from the same color that is an 1/8" smaller all the way around and attach to the front of the card base. It doesn't always have to be designer series paper. ;)
- The Whisper White suit border is a 2" wide strip that has been punched with the Scalloped Tag punch and dressed up with a piece of 1-1/4" Cherry Cobbler Striped ribbon and a strand of Jute ribbon. I *love* using the Jute ribbon strands to accent my cards. The Basic Black 'buttons' were punched using the middle circles from the Owl Builder Punch and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Santa's belt buckle is my favorite part of this card. **squeal**!! The stamped image comes from the Cup Of Cheer stamp set. I inked it with Versa Mark and heat embossed some Cherry Cobbler embossing powder to match the card base. Both layers of the 'buckle' (Basic Black and Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper) were die cut with the Ovals framelits and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals onto a Basic Black strip to finish off the belt.
- Did you notice that several products used are color-coordinated? That's right! and, that's why I *love* Stampin' Up! I don't have to run all over town to color match my papers, ribbons, inks, and even, embossing powder. Stampin' Up! has removed all the stress and unnecessary time spent searching for products to match. YEAH!!
The layout of this card would not make mass producing for family and friends very bad, at all. It would go pretty quick and easy. Plus, everyone that got Santa in the mail would be so excited to get such an amazingly cute card. :) So, on that note, I know you are going to see more cuteness when you hop on over to Sheri's blog. Just click on the 'Next' button for more inspiration. If you get lost or sidetracked, just come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun getting your fill of wonderful Christmas Holiday ideas...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
1. Tami White
4. Liz Miller
5. Siara Acdal
6. Linda Cullen
7. Mary Bush
8. Lori Mueller <= You are HERE!
9. Sheri Meyer
10. Gianna Sardella
11. Pam Nichols
12. Stephanie Kolker
13. Charlene Luks
14. Karen Page
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Paper Pumpkin kit!
- In order to enter the Stamp It Blog Hop give away, leave a comment on any Stamp It Blog Hop post. Be sure to include #stampitcontest
- May only submit one entry per blog...there are 14 bloggers, therefore a total of 14 entries.
- Give Away ends December 9, 2015
- Winner will be drawn December 10, 2015
- Winner will be announced on all participating blog hops
Thank you so much for shopping with me!!
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog online
- Retiring Photopolymer Stamps -- Sale Flyer with pictures
- Use Hostess Code XPGG4UCE to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
- BEST DEAL! Do you have $99 or more on your wish list? Great news! The Demonstrator Kit is $99....you get $25 in additional free product...AND, your kit will ship to you FREE!
Do you have all of the supplies? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!