This is a first time EVER occasion that Stampin' Up! is announcing the list of products that will be retiring from the Holiday Catalog. WOOT!! Get these Stampin’ Up! holiday catalog retiring products before they are gone! Stampin’ Up! is retiring products from the 2015 Holiday Catalog; but before they do, they’re giving everyone an opportunity to order their favorites.
Holiday Catalog Retiring List
These lists are updated daily to show the availability of all retiring products. Download the PDF for a quick reference, or use the Excel file to sort the list. Check back regularly to make sure you have the most up-to-date information for your customers and your events.
Things to Remember:
- Orders can be placed as a demonstrator, customer, workshop, or online order.
- Retiring products are only available while supplies last. The lists of retiring products will be updated every business day.
In case you were trying to decide about these VERY popular items, they are on the retired list! Act FAST!! Get them before they are sold out! I predict these will be gone fast!
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code XPGG4UCE to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
Are You a "No Contact" Stampin' Up! Customer?
In the last few months I have received an increasing number of "No Contact" orders from my Online Store. That means a customer has selected that they prefer not to be contacted by a demonstrator.
Stampin' Up! takes privacy very seriously and when a customer opts to have "no contact", that means that I don't even know their name! I can see the order summary, but in the place of a name and address, it simply says: "No Contact".
While I certainly respect that some people wish to shop anonymously, it makes me sad that I can not properly thank these stampers for supporting my business. I strive to offer good customer service, including sending thank you cards and free catalogs.
My fear is that many of these "No Contact" customers don't realize what they are opting OUT of. I have seen orders come through with the Hostess Code and it is clear that they expect to hear from me....or, at least I would like to think they would like a 'thank you' from me, but I have NO way of contacting them!
If you are reading this and have clicked the "No Contact" box to not have any contact from me, and would like to change this option so that I can send you thank you cards for your orders, offer you catalogs, and keep you on my customer list, please change the settings in your customer profile in my Online Store.
Thank you for supporting my business and for giving me the opportunity to service your stamping and shopping needs!