Happy New Year's Eve!!! I can't thank you...my blog readers, followers, customers, and members of Lori's Dream Team....for all of the love and wonderful support you have provided me with my small Stampin' Up! business in 2015. I can't wait to see what the 2016 new year will bring in our creative world. For now, I wanted to share one last creation using products from the soon-to-be-retired Holiday catalog (ends January 4th). The Hostess set, Six Sayings, has a wonderful image that was perfect for my New Year ensemble. We have been invited to celebrate and ring in the new year at a dear friend's house, so I thought I would create some fun love to give to them.
- I think that a New Year's celebration is soooo elegant when presented with Basic Black, Gold and White. So, I decided to use the Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper, Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum stack, Gold Glimmer paper, and Gold Foil papers. To top it off, I threw in some Gold Sequins and Gold Metallic Thread....suwheeeet! (NOTE: The Winter Wonderland paper and Vellum stack is on sale through the Year-end Sale...available while supplies last through January 4, 2016!)
- There are sooo many lovely Vellum designs in that stack, but in order to have the gold striped layer not fade into the Basic Black cardstock base, I adhered it to a the same size piece of Whisper White cardstock. The gold stripes do have some shimmer to them, but the camera is not picking it up...quite gorgeous, I must say.
- The colors Black, Gold and White present such a rich and elegant appeal, so I incorporated some Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper, Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Stack, Gold Glimmer paper, and Gold Foil. It doesn't stop with paper....check out the Gold Sequins and Gold Metallic Thread....suwheeeet!
- I love-love-love my Big Shot! I cannot do any project (almost) without using it, so the Stars Framelits and Little Letters Thinlits got to make a showing in this creation. The sentiment was stamped directly onto one of the designs from the Winter Wonderland Designer Series Paper pack using Basic Black Archival ink.
NOTE: Because the sheets in this designer series paper pack are slick to the touch, you will want to use Stampin' Up!'s heat tool (on the low setting) to heat dry the ink. This will eliminate smearing the stamped image if you don't wait long enough for the ink to dry on it's own.
- I popped up the die cut Stars grouping and the sentiment that was die cut with the Tags & Labels Framelits using Stampin' Dimensionals. I love layers and dimension!
- Next up is a Sour Cream Container package using a 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" piece of Winter Wonderland Designer Series Paper. I chose the striped version to coordinate with the gold stripes from the Winter Wonderland Vellum stack. Don't you love it when Stampin' Up! does that?!! It makes creating super easy and worry free when it comes to coordinating and matching. This little gem will be filled with a few chocolates...YUM! and closed shut with a Gold Mini Metallic Clothespin. The tag was created to coordinate with the greeting card. Teehehehe
NOTE: You'll want to use Stampin' Up!'s Tear & Tape Adhesive to bring the 4-1/2" ends together. You want to use super strong adhesive as I'm sure you don't want your lovely package to fall apart with the weight of the chocolates that will be put inside.
- Last, but not least....the beverage tag! Two things to note on this one. The bottom 2 design strips consist of the Gold Vellum stripes and one of the Winter Wonderland Designer Washi Tape designs. I decided not to back the Gold Stripes vellum piece with Whisper White cardstock. I thought it was skinny enough and needed to be subtle so that it wouldn't steal the focus away from the Happy New Year panel above. Although, the opposite was the case for the Winter Wonderland Washi tape strip...it did need the white backing because the Washi tape had more of a foggy appearance and really could not be seen on the Basic Black layer.
DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR FAVORITES!! The Holiday catalog expires at the end of the day on January 4, 2016. If you have found yourself loving the Winter Wonderland papers and Washi Tape, you best get them before the supply runs out....AND, while they are on sale. Discounted products are always a wonderful bonus! These papers are not seasonal...think Golden Anniversaries, Golden Birthday's, beautiful wedding invitations, etc. Absolutely beautiful!
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items. Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Visit the Year-End Sale- up to 80% off
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Save 15% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code VQV6HZZ2 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
BEST DEAL! IS YOUR WISH LIST (ALMOST) A MILE LONG? Do you have $99 or more on your wish list? Great news! When you purchase the Demonstrator Kit for $99....you get to hand-selection $125 worth of product (thats $25 in additional free product)...AND, your kit will ship to you FREE! I welcome all Hobby stampers (purchase the Starter Kit just to get the discount on all your future purchases...it's THAT easy!).
What supplies do you need for these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!