**squeal**!! Soooo, what do you think? Sparkly, fun and full of character is what I was shooting for. Let's walk on through the steps:
- This fancy fold card is referred to as a "Gate-fold" card. The card base is still a half sheet of Crumb Cake cardstock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2") scored at 2-1/8" and 6-3/8". So, when you fold them together and your recipient opens the card, it's like they are opening the "gates" to the wonderful message you have written to them. I decorated the outside panels with Rose Red cardstock and one of the design patterns from the Love Blossoms paper stack. I love every pattern in this paper stack....it was soooo hard to choose just one pattern.
- The focal point consists of a brand new Thinlit die called Bloomin' Heart. It is so intricate and delicate and fits right in with my vintage-y creative style. Plus, the new Blushing Bride Glimmer paper adds the right amount of sparkle and bling for the size of this die. If it were a solid heart cut from any glimmer paper, I would definitely find myself layering other papers to tone down the bling. The little Rose Red and Blushing Bride die cut flowers are thinlits that come with the Bloomin Heart set adorned with Pearls.
- One of my exciting discoveries is that the Bloomin' Love stamp set (includes 16 different images) has a banner...AND, there is a die for it! Yes, the coordinating die for the banner is included with the Large Numbers framelits die set. **squeal**!! The banner was stamped with Soft Suede ink with a Rose Red sentiment, dressed with Linen Thread, and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The whole Bloomin' Heart die ensemble rests on a 2-1/2" Crumb Cake layer that was trimmed with the Project Life Corner punch. To show off the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper, I die cut some Whisper White and Vellum circles and layered between the Crumb Cake and glimmer paper layers. Without this subtle layer, the glimmer paper was blending too much into the Crumb Cake layer. I added the Vellum to tone down the starkness of the Whisper White....kind of like a love-hate relationship to show off one thing and then tone down another. haha
NOTE: You'll want to use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the die cut flowers to the Glimmer Paper. The non-smooth texture of the glimmer paper will wreak havoc with dimensionals and snail adhesive....they won't stay stuck for very long. You don't want to lose any part of the pretties!!
- To polish off this creation, I dressed up the inside....tying it all together with the colors and papers used on the front of the card. Your finish project will fit in a regular A2 sized envelope. Stampin' Up! offers envelopes in both Whisper White and Crumb Cake, so you get to choose. :)
YOU NEED THE BLOOMIN' HEART THINLITS DIE!
DON'T MISS OUT ON MORE INSPIRATION!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'd love to hear what you think of my Valentine's Day creation, and you don't want to miss out on your chance to win some awesome Blog Candy (see details below). Once you have done that, be sure to click on the Next button to mosey on over to Stephanie's blog...I'm sure that you will enjoy having a look at all this inspiration shared with you today.
2. Tami White
3. Linda Cullen
5. Pam Nichols
6. Siara Acdal
7. Liz Miller
8. Lori Mueller <= You are here!!
10. Sheri Meyer
11. Teresa Howe
12. Charlene Luks
13. Oksana Semenska
14. Mary Bush
15. Michelle Payne
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Paper Pumpkin kit!
- In order to enter the Stamp It Blog Hop give away, leave a comment on any Stamp It Blog Hop post. Be sure to include #stampitcontest
- May only submit one entry per blog...there are 15 bloggers, therefore a total of 15 entries.
- Give Away ends February 10, 2016
- Winner will be drawn February 12, 2016
- Winner will be announced on all participating blog hops
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items. Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Save 15% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code TXRBZUAX to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
WANTED! I'm looking for craft addicts to join my AMAZING Stampin' Up! family! Turn something you love into much more than you even know.... Purchase the Starter Kit for $99 and hand-select $155 of product from any of our current catalogs (you can include items from the Clearance Rack and Weekly Deals, too)! That's $56 of FREE product, plus, your kit will ship to you for FREE, as well. Click Here I welcome all Hobby stampers (purchase the Starter Kit just to get the discount on all your future purchases...it's THAT easy!).
Remember when I said I had a hard time deciding which design to use from the Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper stack? Well, I had to create more than one card just to prove to myself (which I already knew) that another paper pattern from the stack makes this card layout look just as pretty as the first one. ;)
What supplies do you need to create this card? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!