Welcome to the Creative Inking Blog Hop for February 2016! It's a beautiful Spring day in Nebraska, which helps the creative juices flow during a bright sunny day. The theme for the hop this month is the Easter Bunny...with Easter coming up quick, we had to get on the ball to showcase some super cute projects that will definitely inspire you.
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Lisa Curcio's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button to move along the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, here is my Easter card share that does not involve any bunnies, but a spiritual sense of the occasion.
Easter is one of my favorite holidays to attend at church. The special message of the sermon, the chosen hymns, the mix of the choir and trumpets....all of it together generates a special energy and love for my dear Lord and Savior. So, my card is a reflection of what I see and feel during Easter.
- Starting with the Perfect Plum card base measuring 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" with the fold at the top, I topped it off with a 5-1/4" x 4" So Saffron layer. To add a little character and accent between the watercolor paper and So Saffron layers, I added a strip of Typeset Designer Series paper to the top of the So Saffron layer.
- The main panel....the Watercolor paper layer was saturated with the Stampin' Mist filled with water. I took my Aqua Painter and watercolored Perfect Plum, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron across sections of the paper. When I felt there was enough color added, I used my Heat Tool on the low setting to help dry the panel faster. Next, I took the circle image from the Project Life Memories in the Making stamp set and 'inked' it using a paper towel that was soaked with bleach. The little bit of bleach on the stamp bleached the image onto the watercolored paper adding more character and a slight distressed look.
- A random section of the Striped Scallop Thinlits die was cut from Shimmer White cardstock and stuck to the watercolor paper, and topped with a Vellum cardstock banner stamped and gold heat embossed "Happy" "Easter" images from the Crazy About You stamp set.
- The final touches include the cross from the Blessed by God stamp set inked in Early Espresso ink and stamped onto a piece of Shimmer White cardstock and popped up with dimensionals over top the fern leaf dies from the Botanical Builder Framelits and some Gold Metallic Thread.
Now, you will want to hop on over to Dena's blog...I know she will have something stinkin' cute to share with you. Just click on the 'Next' button and you'll be hoppin'. If you get lost or sidetracked, just come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun getting your fill of wonderful inspiration...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
1. Sue Lehrer
2. Diane Evans
4. BJ Peters
5. Amber Swift
10. Lisa Curcio
11. Lori Mueller <-- You Are Here
12. Dena Rekow
13. Linda Bauwin
I hope you enjoyed my card share and that you will try this very easy watercolor and bleaching technique yourself. Please holler if you have any questions. I love and appreciate your comments.
If you are on Facebook, I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.