Isn't this card super cute?!! Let me tell you...this may look like it's 'out of your league', but it is AH-mazingly easy. Hang tight with me and I'll show you just how simple this version of watercoloring is:
- The card base is a half sheet of Crumb Cake cardstock (4-1/4" x 11") scored at 5-1/2".
- I love Stampin' Up's 140 lb. weight Watercolor Paper because it can withstand a large dose of spritzing, misting, and soaking of water. You do have to be careful with warping as it dries, but if you use your Heat tool on the low setting, it will be just fine.
- The Easter Egg shape comes from using one of the Oval Framelits. I die cut a scrap piece of paper (well, some of my junk mail, to be honest...hahaha). I positioned the 'negative' (the piece with the oval hole) over the 5" x 3-1/2" piece of watercolor paper and held it in place with some washi tape around the outside edges to my work surface. It's important that nothing moves during this step.
- I used daubers for each of the 4 colors (Hello Honey, Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, and Pool Party) and lightly sponged ink randomly in spots within the oval shape. Make sure that you swirl ink up to the edges of the oval, too, so that you get a definite image edge. When you have it looking the way you want, take the distressed grid image from Timeless Texture and ink it up with Crumb Cake. Stamp off onto a scrap piece of paper and then do a 2nd stamping over top all of the sponged area.
- You can remove the Oval framelit frame for this next step. Take your Aqua Painter (with water in the barrel) and squeeze so that the brush is filling with water. I took my finger to "flick" the water over top the ink-sponged area to create little 'speckles' of water. Keep doing this until you get the amount of speckles you like. Click on picture to see a close up. The photo here doesn't show it, but I decided to run my Aqua Painter along the edges of the oval to soften and give a vintage-y look. Be careful not to squeeze water into the brush...I just used the dampness that the brush already naturally had from the 'flicking' step.
- To finish off the card, I inked the sentiment with Early Espresso and stamped into place using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. To separate the Watercolor panel from the cardbase, I added strips of Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder cardstock to each side of the main panel. The yummy Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon adds some vibrant 'spring-y' color and texture. Clear Wink of Stella was colored onto the Itty Bitty Accents Flower punches (Hello Honey, Watermelon Wonder and Mint Macaron) for a slight glimmer of bling.
Pretty, pretty, pretty!! and, so stinkin' easy! I hope you will give this a try. NOTE: You can use any die cut as your 'frame' to sponge and mist. There are several punches and framelits available in the Stampin' Up! catalog that would work...Scallop Circle punch, Fun Flower punch, Flower Medallion (which is on sale in the Weekly Deals--YEAH!), Bold Butterfly Framelits, Floral Frames Collection Framelits, Stars Framelits, etc. The ideas are endless.
Now, onto some FUN opportunities...check out the details noted below and be sure to hop on over to the next participant on the list. I won't be very far behind you because I want to gather some ideas myself. ;)
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Floral Wings Stamp Set bundle!
Stampin' Up!'s biggest promotion of the year has released three (3) new gift choices. YEAH!! And, these newest selections are such big hits that the inventory is getting low...ALREADY!! If you are not familiar with how Sale-A-Bration works, learn how you can earn these items for FREE with a qualifying order.
MORE FUN TO BE HAD!!
In addition to free Sale-A-Bration gifts don't forget about my Sale-A-Bration Celebration event and 50/50 Sale-A-Bration board for the opportunity of more fun and free products. There are only 22 numbers left...don't delay....get your name on the board with your $50 order. Check out the 50/50 Board details here.
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items. Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Save 15% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 9X9XEMTG to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).