Hello Stampers! It's that time of the month...March 20th for the Creative Inking Blog Hop! The weather has been all over the place this last week...upper 70's for a couple of days, then 30's and sporadic snow flurries. Lots of flowers popping out of the ground, Magnolia trees blooming and yards are turning green. I am very ready for Spring to stick around for a while. With the Spring season comes a number of birthday's for my nieces. Can you guess what the theme for the hop this month is? Yep! We are jumping on board with Shannon West's #imbringingbirthdaysback campaign and featuring birthday celebrations. I was excited to start creating birthday cards because I have about 9 of them....Eeeek! And, when it comes to family, I cannot get myself to give any two relatives the same card. That's just a no-no in my book. haha
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button to move along the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, here is my #imbringingbirthdaysback card share.
I am so giddy over this card! squeal I have to tell you that a good friend of mine was helping me come up with a layout....in fact, we came up with more than one layout...our visions were jumping all over the place. So, do you think that I went with any of those visions when I created this card? Hmmmm....NOPE! Totally different than any of the sketches we drew up. Gotta love a good creative MOJO hyped up on a triple espresso Mocha! haha It could also be because I have been on a shaker card craze lately, not sure which. Either way, I am so excited to share this fun one with you!
- Sahara Sand is one of the neutral colors that coordinates with the It's My Party Designer Series Paper Pack, so I started with the card base (4-1/4" x 11") scored at 5-1/2".
- To tag along with the card base, I chose one of the patterns from the paper pack in Sahara Sand and matted onto 2 scrap strips of cardstock...Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry...two more colors that coordinate with the It's My Party paper pack. I strayed away from the typical 1-color-matte and went with a 2-color matte to make it fun and whimsical.
- I love our Framelits that nest with each other (Squares, Circles, Ovals, Labels & Tags, etc.) because they inspire the ability to create 'frames'. The shaker sections are created using Mint Macaron cardstock, White Vellum cardstock, and Window Sheets. The Square Framelits (2nd and 3rd from the smallest) were nested together and run through the Big Shot to create the Mint Macaron frame. After stamping the sentiments from the Party Pants (FREE stamp set with a $50 order) and Party Wishes (Occasions catalog) using Jet Black StazOn ink onto the window sheets, I adhered them to the frame using Fast Fuse.
- To build the 'shaker', I used a couple of punches to create the confetti....the Cupcake Builder punch and the Confetti Stars punch. I could have easily chosen the Metallic Sequins as the confetti, but to build up the whimsical appearance of the card, I punched circles and stars to coordinate with the Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry matte layer. The framed layer will need to face down on your work space so that you can build a wall of Stampin Dimensionals around the border of the frame. NOTE: Your dimensionals need to touch each other all the way around the border. This is so that none of your confetti will leak/escape. That wouldn't make it a fun shaker if you lost the confetti. Eeek! Peel the paper off of the dimensionals and lay the same sized layer of Vellum cardstock onto the wall of dimensionals. Pick it up from your work surface and...shake-shake-shake!
- I set the shaker frames in place by adding Multipurpose Liquid glue to the border of the frames only. If you streak any type of adhesive to the entire back, it will show through the Vellum and be seen through the Window Sheet. The finishing touches consist of a Crushed Curry Bitty Banner, a Melon Mambo Ampersand from the Little Numbers Thinlits dies, some Gold Metallic thread, and a few Sequins from the Gold Trim.
Super, super CUTE!! My favorite (FAVORITE) part is that I made a "smarty pants" sentiment by combining 2 stamp sets..."put your Party Pants on & Make a Wish"!! Kind of sassy, huh?!!
For more Birthday ideas, you will want to hop on over to Dena's blog...I know she will have something simply amazing to share with you. So, to 'shake-shake' your way around the hop, click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
1. Sue Lehrer
2. Diane Evans
4. BJ Peters
5. Amber Swift
10. Sandra Mott
11. Lori Mueller <= (You are Here)
12. Dena Rekow
13. Linda Bauwin
I hope you enjoyed my shaker card share and that you will try making one...they can be addictive, but fun! I think anyone, at any age, would enjoy a fun and cute shaker card...it's an entertaining conversation piece. :) Please holler if you have any questions. I love and appreciate your comments.
If you are on Facebook, I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.