Welcome stampers and crafters to my humble blog abode. Here it is March (already) and it's almost a thing of the past....in like a lamb and, for some states, it's going out like a roaring Lion. I have family that live in Colorado and are well over knee-deep in their share of snow....more like 25+ inches!! YIKES!! So, not to throw salt in their wounds, but this month's Stamp It Blog Hop theme is....wait for it.....can you guess? C'mon, I know you know. Yep! We are focusing on the beautiful season....Spring! I have a creation that will put a little pep into your step, so if this is your first stop on the blog hop; or you have come from the blog prior to mine noted on the list below....either way....Welcome!
OMGosh!! I can't believe how adorable and fun this card turned out to be! I have to admit that I held off for the longest time getting my hands on the Botanicals bundle. Not sure why, but I'm really happy that it is part of my crafting stash...soooo much fun to play with!
- The card base is a half sheet of Cajun Craze cardstock (5" x 8-1/2") scored at 4-1/4".
- To be honest, I was not a huge fan of the Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper when I first saw it in Occasions catalog....something about the big bold designs. I think it's growing on me, because now I want to create so many other things using this paper. squeal Similar to other designer series paper packs that Stampin' Up! offers, there are large prints on one side and smaller prints on the other. I love to mix a little bit of both on my projects, and matting them to Basic Black cardstock really enhances the colors coordinated in the pack...Mint Macaron, Hello Honey, and Cajun Craze.
- I added a strip of 1-1/4" White Jute ribbon to tone down the larger print and help bring more focus to the flowers and sentiment. I used a thin layer of Multipurpose Liquid Glue that I zig-zagged across the large patterned paper to hold the Jute in place. You want to be careful not to use a heavy flow of glue as it will seep through the Jute strands.
- The focal panel is made up of Cajun Craze cardstock using the 2-1/2" Circle punch and a layer of Whisper White that has been stamped with the decorative circle stamp image from the You're So Lovely stamp set inked in Cajun Craze die cut with a Circle Framelit.
- I added flowers and leaves using the Botanicals Builder Framelits. The colors chosen coordinate with the designer series paper...Mint Macaron, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze. The leaves (from the Botanical Blooms stamp set) were stamped with the solid images in Old Olive ink and the veins are Mossy Meadow.
- To finish off the card, I added Basic Pearls to the flower centers, and inked the sentiment from the Party Pants stamp set (a free Sale-A-Bration set with a $50 purchase) with Basic Black Archival ink and stamped in place. This circle and flower ensemble was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Pretty, pretty, pretty!! and, so stinkin' easy! I hope you will give this a try. You are going to fall head over heels in love with everything Botanicals...I'm sure of it! If you were affected by the snow storm that masked the mid-West, I especially hope that this brings a smile of hope that Spring is just around the corner!
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Build a Bouquet Project Kit!
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items. Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Save 15% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Lori's Catalog Product Shares: to review your options Download CatalogProductShares-2015-2016
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 9X9XEMTG to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).