Welcome to the Mediterranean Achievers Blog Hop for May 2016. YEAH-Yeah-Yeah!! I am SUPER excited for this trip...a once in a lifetime get-away for me and my hubby to celebrate our 25th wedding Anniversary. We head out tomorrow to spend a couple of days in Ireland before climbing aboard a big (really BIG) boat. I have been so stinkin' giddy (beyond control) for the last couple of days, I don't know that I will be able to get any sleep before we fly over the pond. squeal
The theme for the hop this month is to share a new creation using NEW product from the upcoming 2016-2017 Annual catalog. For all demonstrators who got some new product when they attended OnStage Live and Local events or preordered from a selection of new catalog products, we have been biting at the bit to share with you. I'm sure you are going to love everything you see in this line-up. :)
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the previous person to me on the list. Please be sure to click the person after me to move along the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. I took the liberty to add another 'theme' to my creation, in the sense that I wanted it to reflect my wedding colors, and the fact that 25 Years is recognized as a Silver Anniversary. So, here is my new catalog Sneak Peek card share that I am excited to share with you.
- The color choices all stem from my wedding colors of a dark purple and teal. So, I think Elegant Eggplant and Bermuda Bay were a pretty darned close resemblance. The cardbase is the Thick Whisper White (11" x 4-1/4", scored at 5-1/2") as I wanted it to be sturdy enough to hold the Silver Foil paper layer and all the other elements I was attaching. ;)
- I was struggling to figure out how to incorporate my colors into the card without being overbearing because I did not have any Designer Series Paper to help with my layout. Soooo, I had to be very creative! I inked up the Watercolor Wash background stamp alternating Elegant Eggplant and Bermuda Bay inks on the image. To tone down the boldness of the inks, I used a Stampin' Spritzer with water and lightly misted the image before stamping it onto some Whisper White cardstock. NOTE: Since the Whisper White cardstock will be a tad saturated, I used my Heat tool on the lowest setting to heat dry it. After this layer was dry, I used the edge of my scissors to distress the edges...even tearing and rolling the edges for the character that 25 years can generate. haha
- The sentiment comes from a brand new set called "Layering Love". I love this particular sentiment because it is so fitting for this card....a post 25th Anniversary card that I will tuck into my hubby's suitcase for him to find at some point during our trip. I used Stampin' Write markers in Elegant Eggplant and Bermuda Bay to color the different words before stamping onto Whisper White cardstock and die cutting it out using the Circles Collection Framelits.
- Since the sentiment was layered onto a 2" punched Bermuda Bay circle, I needed to offset it with some Elegant Eggplant. Soooo, I pulled out my new die set called Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. I am SO in love with all of the dies that come in this set. Very fun!!
- To balance the Silver Foil, I used the Banner die from the Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits die set and some Metallic Silver thread. The whole sentiment ensemble was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. I can't bring myself to not use some sort of dimension in my creations....love character!
Well, there you have it! A pretty darned lovely card that I hope my husband will enjoy. We don't get to spend long periods of time together, so I am very excited for the time that this trip will provide for us...amazing bonding time, reconnecting, and strengthening the love we have for each other. I thank my lucky stars for him...AND, I humbly thank the rest of my family, my amazingly loyal customers and wonderful friends. This trip was not possible without you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! (insert glowing heart).
Thanks for taking part in our blog hop. With so many amazing ideas and inspiration "for the guys' in your life, you won't want to miss checking out all of the blogs! I'll be traveling right behind you. **squeal** Remember you are currently at (Lori Mueller's -- Stampin' Dreams blog), so please check the blog hop line up below and be sure to click the next blog participant's name on the list.
Mediterranean Achievers Blog Hoppers