Hello Stampers! It is June 20th; and we all know what that means, right? YEAH!! for the Creative Inking Blog Hop! Have you had a chance to mill and drool over the new Stampin' Up! catalog since it's debut on June 1st? Probably a million times over! haha Well, this month's hop shares are all featuring the pretties from the new catalog. The 'pretties' can be embellishments, accessories, framelits, papers, etc. I am sooo excited to show off my creation to you because it is beeee-u-tiful! SQUEAL I don't mean to boast, but there are some pretty amazing new products in that catalog...you will want to include them in your crafting arsenal....for sure!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button to move along the blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, here is my pretty-pretty card share.
I'm loving these colors of Rich Razzleberry and Blushing Bride together. It really 'pretties' up the occasion for that special someone's birthday, don't you thing. Let's take an inside peek of the recipe for this gem.
- I chose a neutral Smokey Slate cardbase measuring 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/4".
- The first 'pretty' comes in the form of the Blooms & Bliss Desiger Series Paper layered onto a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock. Go ahead and glue that down onto the cardbase using Fast Fuse or Liquid glue.
- Using another pattern from the Blooms & Bliss paper pack, die cut a scalloped circle with the new Layering Circles Framelits. These are AH-may-zing!! You get 16 dies in one package for $35! What a steal! Before adhering the scalloped circle to the card, I added a solid strip of Rich Razzleberry for a little solid contrast.
- The focal point is a strip of Smokey Slate that was punched using Scalloped Tag Topper and adorned with some new Thick Whisper White Baker's Twine. I unwound the strands to add a little flair. ;)
- The sentiment comes from the new stamp set called "Better Together". This was inked in Rich Razzleberry, stamped onto Whisper White cardstock and banner cut using the Banner Triple punch.
- The last of the new pretties includes our new Blushing Bride solid Baker's Twine that is wrapped around the sentiment edge. Our new Whisper White Pompom Trim accents the little birthday hat and was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. The birthday hat also comes from the "Better Together" stamp set. Last, but not least, there some new enamel shapes that come in the new 2016-2018 In Colors. I added the new Flirty Flamingo colored enamels and some Blushing Bride sequences in various spots. So yummy!
Lovely pretties, if I don't say so myself! You will want to make sure to hop on over to Dena Rekow's blog. I'm curious to see what retiring products she is going to miss the most. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
- Lori Mueller <-- That's ME!
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2015-16 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to a Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code QPPSJRCK to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
Do you want to create this birthday card? Shop the following supply list and craft away. :)