Hello stampers; and welcome aboard the July Stamp It Blog Hop! How is the weather in your area treating you? Here in the Heartland? Well, let's just say that this last week has truly been a scorcher with a lot of dense humidty. We have seen temps in the low 100's with a heat index as high as 114 degrees. YIKES!! And, why do I bring this up? Funny you should ask....can you believe that the Stamp It Group members are creating Christmas In July projects?!! Now, if only we had a fraction of the cooler weather to go along with it. sigh
If you have been traveling along the Stamp It Group Blog Hop, you may have come here from my dear sweet friend, Oksana Semenska's blog. If this is your very first stop, I want to thank you so much for stopping to visit me. If you like to skip and hop and happen to get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I am really excited to share my card with you that it puts chills down my spine...or, maybe I have goosebumps! haha I know I'm dreaming of a weeee bit cooler weather, but until then, follow me as I share the steps to making my card.
- Start with a Very Vanilla card base measuring 4-1/4" x 11" with a center score across the middle at 5-1/2".
- The Cherry Cobbler layer measures 4" x 5-1/4" with a pattern from the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper that measures 3-1/2" x 5-1/8". I purposely offset the designer paper to give it a little contrast. Set this layer aside...don't glue to the card base just yet.
- The focal point is a 2" strip of Very Vanilla that has been banner cut at the bottom. The sentiment comes from the Peace This Christmas stamp set and was inked up with Stampin' Write Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green Markers. Both are from the Regals Color family. Add a 1/2 Metallic Gold Foil Doily to accent the edge and glue the tag to the front of the designer paper layer.
- To make this card even more festive, wrap some Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim around the Cherry Cobbler layer and tie into a bow!
- Die cut some Cherry Cobbler floral flourishes and Garden Green single leaves from the Flourish Thinlits set. Set them into place with one overlapping the top of the Lace Trim and the other tucked under it a bit. Top each one with the largest Pearl from the Pearls Basic Jewels pack.
- Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the Cherry Cobbler layer and affix to the front of the Very Vanilla card base. For a little more bling, add a couple of Metallic Gold Sequins from the assortment pack.
So, are you ready for Christmas? Yea, me neither, but I sure did have fun playing around with the season. I got to showcase some new products out of the new catalog...a new stamp set, designer series paper, and Flourishing Thinlits. YAY!! Now, you want to make sure you visit the other Stamp It Group members' blogs to see what Christmas In July project they have to share. It's never too early to get started on those cards. ;) Don't forget to come back real soon.
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Watercolor Wishes Card Kit! You are going to LOVE this predesigned, precut, all accessories included, kit to create 20 cards. PLUS, there are always leftover supplies to extend your creativity...make a scrapbook page, note cards, gift tags, or whatever your creative MOJO inspires you to create.
Don't forget...when you leave your comment for your chance to win this amazing kit, I would love to hear your thoughts about my creative style and what you would like to see more of within my blog. I know I have plenty of room for improvement. :)
Again, I want to "thank you" and let you know how much I appreciate you for stopping by to visit me. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Bonus Days: $5 Coupon with each $50 Purchase! WAHOOO!! Click on the image to learn about the details.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this card? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!