Hello stampers and paper crafters! Thank you for stopping and Welcome aboard the August Stamp It Blog Hop! Life has been crazy busy around here...schools are hoppin' with lively students, County Fairs have finished up their season, and I've been creating and teaching stamp classes like a mad woman! Well, not 'mad', but focused and loving the creations I've come up with. I know the term CASEing (Copy And Share Everything) a project is very fluent among crafters and that is awesome (and I highly encourage everyone to do it), but I really struggle CASEing other crafters work. I know, I'm weird, but I like to create original work...that's not to say that I don't take away lots of inspiration to come up with a final design...there is plenty of inspiration, that's for sure! For my project share, I was inspired by some new products that are going to be available in the new Holiday catalog on September 1st. There are several patterns in the Petals & Paisley Specialty Designers Series Paper pack that really made me think of the old days of wallpaper...taking me back to my childhood growing up on the farm. Our theme is anything Fall related, which means that it won't be long until harvesting the crops starts up...my ultimate favorite time of the year.
If you have been traveling along the Stamp It Group Blog Hop, you may have come here from, Rachael Rife's blog. If this is your very first stop, I want to thank you so much for stopping to visit me. If you like to skip and hop and happen to get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
I know that sending Sympathies is not a seasonable occasion, but I couldn't pass up using this pattern of paper from the Petals & Paisley Specialty Designer Series paper pack. The colors shown are so warm and subtle.
- Start with a Very Vanilla card base measuring 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" with a center score across the middle at 4-1/4".
- The Petals & Paisley Specialty Designer Series Paper showcases the colors of Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, and Delightful Dijon. Matte the patterned paper onto a layer of Rich Razzleberry, followed by Mint Macaron cardstock. Each of the cardstock layers have a 1/8" border.
- The sentiment is 1 of 7 'seasonal' verbal stamps in the set called "Suite Seasons". Ink up the words using Rich Razzleberry and Mint Macaron and stamp onto a Very Vanilla Oval die cut. Quickly pour Stampin' Clear Embossing powder over the ink before it dries and heat set using the Heat Tool on the high setting. NOTE: I recommend die cutting the Oval piece BEFORE stamping the sentiment. This is because after heat embossing, you want to avoid any impressions from your Big Shot Clear Plates transferring to the newly heat embossed area. You want your heat embossing to have a little dimension, whereas, the cutting plates will leave markings after being run through the Big Shot.
- Matte the Oval die onto a layer of Copper Foil paper die cut with the Scallop Oval die. Look how GORGEOUS that Copper Foil paper is!! Click on image (above) to get a closer look WARNING: you will drool!
- Add some 3/8" Mint Macaron Ribbon from the Trio pack to the back of the focal grouping. To make it pop off the cardbase, add Stampin' Dimensionals and set into place.
- It just so happens that the 3/8" Trio Ribbon Pack features the colors of Rich Razzleberry and Mint Macaron...YIPPEE!!
So, tell me...which color of ribbon used on my card shares is your favorite? I'd love to know! :) In the meantime, the temps in our area have been in the low-to-mid 70's, which Fall-type weather. When the Fall season arrives, I hope it will stick around for quite awhile. I am SO not ready for old man winter to show up! YIKES! In case you weren’t aware, there are 65 days until Halloween, 89 days until Thanksgiving, 105 days until Hanukkah, and 120 days until Christmas. With that new knowledge, you want to make sure you visit the other Stamp It Group members' blogs to see what Fall-themed projects they have to share. It's never too early to get started on those cards. ;) Don't forget to come back real soon.
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Oh Happy Day Card Kit! You are going to LOVE this predesigned, precut, all accessories included, kit to create 20 fun and whimsical cards. PLUS, there are always leftover supplies to extend your creativity...make a scrapbook page, note cards, gift tags, or whatever your creative MOJO inspires you to create.
Don't forget...when you leave your comment for your chance to win this amazing kit, I would love to hear your thoughts about my creative style and what you would like to see more of within my blog. I know I have plenty of room for improvement. :)
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Bonus Days: If you haven't used your $5 Coupons, you better get shopping! Deadline to redeem them is Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 32YC6J4W to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these cards? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!