Hello-hello crafty stampers! Welcome to my stop on the Creative Inking Blog Hop for the month of August! I am really excited to have you here because we are sharing sneak peeks of brand new products that are going to be available to you when the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog goes live on September 1st!! I. CAN'T. WAIT!! There is sooo much to love and share, but I can only fit so much of it on one card design. haha! So, let's cut to the chase and get right to it, shall we?!! Oh, you might want to grab a tissue for the drool...I guarantee it, you will drool!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, here is my Spooky AH-mayzing creation....if I do say so myself. Super easy, too!
With the season of Halloween quickly approaching, I decided to show off an awesome new Holiday catalog bundle....Spooky Fun stamp set and the coordinating Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies, along with the wonderful Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper. So much fun!!
- A Whisper White card base measuring 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2" will definitely help show off the new Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper that is matted to a piece of Basic Gray cardstock.
- Die cut the largest Swirly Scribbles Thinlits from the new Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper. Lay it on the Halloween Night Specialty paper to help position stamping the witch in the center. The witch comes from the new Spooky Fun stamp set and was stamped using Archival Basic Black ink. Quickly add Clear Stampin' Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool. Once that is done, then you can glue the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer die cut in place. NOTE: I didn't want to glue down the die cut because I didn't want Clear Embossing Powder to get caught up in the die cut.
The Spooky tree die comes from the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Die set. Set the die on a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measures 4" x 2-3/4" so that the tip of the tree is close to the top edge of the cardstock. This is so that you leave enough room at the bottom for the scene of the landscape.
- Adhere the Spooky tree to the bottom of the card by only adding Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the length of the ground area (do not add glue to the tree). By leaving the tree unattached/unglued, it adds a little more 'spookie-ness' to the scene. Tie some of the new Pumpkin Pie Baker's Twine to the trunk and finish with a bow.
Ink up the Tombstones using Archival Basic Gray ink and stamp onto a scrap piece of Smokey Slate cardstock. Die cut using the coordinating framelit in the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Die set.
- Ink up the sentiment using Archival Basic Gray ink and stamp onto a strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Cut each word into separate pieces using Stampin' Paper Snips.
- Set the tombstones and sentiment word blocks in place with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Sooo, what do you think? I'm not sure what part of this card is my favorite....the witch centered in the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Swirly Scribble or the Spooky tree setting. Please let me know your thoughts...I love to read all comments left for me. Don't forget, there are still more blogs to hop on...next on the hop is Dena Rekow's blog. I know she will have an amazing creation to share with you. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Get your BOGO Paper Pumpkin Kits! Click on the image to learn more about the details. Subscribe Today!
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code G9CSEMK2 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this card? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!