Hello-hello crafty stampers! Welcome to my stop on the Creative Inking Blog Hop for the month of September! It is super 'spooky' that we have traveled this far into the year within a blink of an eye! Which leads me to this months theme....Spooky Fun!! Are you ready for this popular holiday to arrive? Have you and the little ones picked out your costumes? Me, not so much. I am not much for dressing up, but I sure did enjoy making my daughters' costumes when they were little. Now that they are all grown up and coming up with their own costumes, all I have to look forward to is the challenge of having more trick-or-treaters stop by our house than my mother-in-law who lives a mile away. haha!! This year's Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog is filled with some really good Halloween fun! I haven't gotten it all, but I'm pretty darned close! haha!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog. So, here is my Spooky Fun (and super CUTE) Halloween Scares creation. I am showing off the fun Double Z-fold Technique, which was inspired by a card I received within a card swap group. I love how this fun-fold technique leaves the possibility of crafting your layout for any given holiday or special occasion. The ideas are endless....I can envision this to be a really cute baby announcement or baby shower card! squeal
The new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog has a whole suite of really CUTE Halloween products...pages 51-54. I decided to focus on the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper....LUV the paper!! Follow me through the creative path of my card share....
- The card base is Paper Pumpkin measuring 4-1/4" x 11", scored in two places...2-3/4" and 5-1/2". First fold the card base in half at the 5-1/2" mark. Then, fold the front of the card base back towards the first fold line at the 2-3/4" score mark. This will create your first Z-Fold.
- Using Snail, Fast Fuse or Multipurpose Liquid glue, attach the Whisper White cardstock piece to the back portion of the cardbase. NOTE: it is important that you attach this piece before the rest of the layout.
- Adhere the Halloween Nights Designers Paper (striped pattern) to the Basic Black cardstock layer. Then, adhere that panel to the front section of the Z-fold part of the cardbase. Position the Pumpkin Pie Circle cut from the Layering Circles Framelits (approximate size is 2-3/4") to the front of the Z-fold section.
- Using Stampin' Up!'s Simply Scored tool, score the Basic Black strip at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2". Add some of the Pumpkin Pie Halloween Baker's Twine (tied in a bow) to the 5-1/2" portion of the strip. Fold at both score lines and place on the card based so that they are opposite the cardbase folds. See picture for a visual. This also illustrates the importance of adhering the Whisper White layer earlier. Can you see the two "Z"'s?
Using the Layering Circles Framelits Die set, die cut a Basic Black layer with one of the scalloped framelits and another circle framelit to die cut one of the Spooky Halloween houses from one of the designs in the Halloween Nights Designer Series Paper pack. Adhere these two layers together and add Stampin' Dimensionals before centering over the Pumpkin Pie Circle.
- Ink up the sentiment using Archival Basic Gray ink and stamp onto a strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Die cut the sentiment using the framelit from the Bunch of Banners Framelits set. Add Stampin' Dimensionals and tuck under the Halloween house and center on the from Basic Black strip.
- Last, but not least, die cut a witch from Basic Black cardstock using the die from the Halloween Scenes Edglits Dies set. Add a Stampin' Dimensional to give a spooky feel. Buwhaaaa!
Isn't that the coolest way to show off those scary houses?!! I am so excited that I have finally made a Double Z-fold card because I have a wonderful idea for a baby card that is looonnnng overdue. Oh, I'm talking about my card, not the baby. LOL!! I hope you will give this fancy fold technique a try...then, share it with me! I love to receive inspiration. There's more Spooky Fun coming your way...next on the hop is Dena Rekow's blog. I know she will have a wonderful Spooky Fun creation to share with you. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Get your BOGO Paper Pumpkin Kits! Click on the image to learn more about the details. Subscribe Today!
I love Paper Pumpkin and think you will too! Don't wait! Sign up at PaperPumpkin.com by October 10 to get your second month FREE! Use promo code: BOGO. Paper Pumpkin helps you skip to the fun part of crafting...it's an entire crafting kit designed to save you time and effort. Your craft escape couldn't get any easier!
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Holiday Catalog online
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 4KG9MJJZ to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this card? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!