Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to our One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop for the month of September! I hope everyone's week is going well. My week has been a blur and starting back to work on Tuesday didn't help...OMGosh! It's been crazy to say the least. Nonetheless, I am very thankful for your visit today. This may be your first stop on the hop (YEAH...muwhaaa!), or you may have come from the previous stampers blog. Either way, in order to view all of the blog participants sharing their wonderful craftiness, click on the "NEXT" button at the bottom of each post.
I was super excited for this month's blog hop because I knew exactly what I was going to create and share for our theme "Birthdays Bash"! Yep! It's a rarity that I was able to plan a tad bit ahead of time. haha I owe it all to my wonderful, sweet, and AH-mayzing 93-year-young Grandmother. Her birthday happened to fall on Labor Day this year and I was able to make it back home to spend some time with her. LOVE her to pieces....just wish I was able to make it back more often to see her. For the age of 93, she still motors around like she's 39! And, spunky, too! She doesn't miss a beat. So, in due honor of my Grandmother, let's see what I created especially for her.
- The card base is Pool Party cardstock, measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"" and scored at 4-1/4".
- Using the regular weighted Whisper White cardstock, I layered on a bunch of 3/4" punched circles from the cardstock colors of Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Smokey Slate and So Saffron. Using the Sprinkles Punch and the same colors as the circles, I 'sprinkled' on some confetti.
- The numbers were die cut using the Large Numbers Framelits. I die cut 2 Pool Party and 2 Calypso Coral so that I could stack them for added dimension.
- The words "Happy" and "Birthday" come from the "Number of Years" stamp set and were inked in Basic Gray Archival ink and stamped onto a strip of Whisper White. Trim down and set in place with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- The 'ribbon' was created using several strands from the Thick Baker's Twine...Calypso Coral and Whisper White. I twisted the two colors together, wrapped around the main panel and tied in a bow. Neat, huh?!!
- DID YOU KNOW? that you can click on any images I include related to the project to see an enlarged version? Yep! I do this so that you can see the details of my projects a weeee bit better. As I get older, I'm finding myself pulling out what I call my "granny glasses". haha
Petite Cafe Gift Bag Project: One of my favorite things in the Stampin' Up! catalog is the large variety of bags and boxes available to help you create quick and easy treat/gift packages to accompany your beautiful card.
- The Petite Cafe Gift Bags are an excellent choice for quick and easy to decorate gift-giving.
- The tag is created using a 2" strip of Calypso Coral that was banner cut using the Triple Banner Punch, and layered with a couple of 1" strips of A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper...also banner cut.
- The main party of the tag is created with a strip of Whisper White cardstock that was pleated on one end until it formed a circle. Glue the two ends together and secure with a Calypso Coral piece that was die cut using the Layering Circle Framelits.
Here is a picture of me with my beautiful, spunky, sassy and overall AMAZING Grandmother. Love you with all my heart and soooo much more, Grandma!
At this time, you are now ready to hop on over to Marisa Gunn’s blog. You won't want to miss traveling on as I know that she will have something adorable to share with you. If you prefer to work your way backwards, you can jump back to Kim Smith’s blog. Either way, be sure to work your way through all of the blogs so you don’t miss a thing!
Blog Hop Participants