Hello my crafty stamper friends! Welcome to my stop on the Creative Inking Blog Hop for the month of November! I am very, very thankful you are here to visit me and to check out what creative share I have for you this month. Sooo, this month's theme is "Handmade Holidays", and the timing of this theme is perfect. A co-worker asked me for some ideas with some Thanksgiving table setting decorations, primarily the napkin rings. The vision was to incorporate some leaves, but that's where the project idea had stopped. My comment was "I have the perfect stamp set....let me create a prototype to see what you think." It wasn't long and the Vintage Leaves stamp set, along with several Fall-type ink colors, created a finished project. Very quick, easy, and will be the talk of the day once the guests arrive.
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
Napkin rings make for a warm and inviting table setting. The Fall season is my favorite time of the year, so my mind automatically envisions the Vintage Leaves stamp set for anything related to the season. This set can be used to stamp a background or add some texture and dimension to a card, a gift box, or home decor. LOVE it!! In my opinion, this set is a staple to your arsenal of stamp sets.
- The "ring" is made from a toilet paper tube. Cut into thirds and wrap with your favorite textured fabric or a strip of Stampin' Up! Designer Series paper. This project uses Burlap and a strip of designer paper from the Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. To adhere the ends together, use something that will hold and not come apart like Tear & Tape Adhesive. Or, you can use Multipurpose Liquid Glue, too. Either adhesive will hold strong.
The leaves are inked in Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon, Pumpkin Pie, and Garden Green and stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock. This project was easy to put together because the stamp set has a coordinating set of framelits called "Leaflets Framelits". LOVE it when I can work easy and quick!
After die cutting each leaf, sponge the edges with Soft Suede ink.
For beautiful fall-like texture, crumple each leaf to desired texture. Arrange the leaves and adhere together before gluing to the napkin ring holder.
The fibers are from the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon tied around the stems, and then tied into a bow. I love this ribbon....another staple item (must have) in my stamping stash! Use it as a ribbon accent or use the strands for smaller, daintier accents...beautiful either way.
I am in love with how these turned out. I have several toilet paper tubes, so I think I will whip some up to decorate my Mother-in-Laws table setting this coming Thursday. I hope you have been be inspired to create something special for your holiday gathering. It is so much fun to hear the little chitter-chatter and ooooh's and ahhhh's while you are working on the last little preps.
Now, the next stop on the hop is Linda Bauwin ...I know she will have some amazing creation to share with you, too. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Online Extravaganza Sale!
Click Here to see the list of items available (.pdf file)
• Promotion period: November 21-28, 2016
• Discounted items/bundles available on all order types (customer, demonstrator, workshop, starter kit, and online).
• You must use the bundle item codes provided. Discounts will not be applied if individual item numbers are entered separately.
• Some bundles have been created exclusively for Online Extravaganza and will not be available after the promotion ends.
• There is no minimum purchase required in order to receive the discounted price.
• Additional products from current catalogs may be purchased on the same order.
• Discounts range from 10-40 percent and may vary per market. Note: While some retiring holiday products may be discounted during the retiring list promotion in December, no discounts will be greater than the discounts being offered during Online Extravaganza.
• During Online Extravaganza, a selection of past Paper Pumpkin kits and refill kits will be available to both subscribers and non-subscribers.
• Online Extravaganza includes two 24-hour sales.
• The first 24-hour sale begins at 12:01 AM (MT) on November 21 and runs
through 11:50 PM (MT) that same day.
• The second 24-hour sale begins at 12:01 AM (MT) on November 28 and
runs through 11:50 PM (MT) that same day.
• All products that are while supplies last have been noted in the Online Extravaganza deals list.
• Phone: November 28, 2016, by 6:50 PM (MT)
• OEX/Online: November 28, 2016, by 11:50 PM (MT)
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Holiday Catalog online
- Online Extravaganza Sale -- 1-Day Sales and 10%-40% off specials
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code D4VQNFDU to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!