Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to our One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop for the month of November! Can you believe that Fall is *still* in the air?? I know that that white stuff is going to be flying around here soon, but for now, I am really happy that it's not! With that said, I am so happy and thankful for your visit today. This may be your first stop on the hop , or you may have come from the previous stampers blog. Either way, in order to view all of the blog participants sharing their wonderful craftiness, click on the "NEXT" button at the bottom of each post.
The theme for our hop today is "Let It Snow"! And, I'm saying "please, nooooo!" The Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper pack has a couple of designer sheets that make wonderful cut-outs. One sheet is full of Gingerbread houses with snow covered roof tops; and another sheet has little mittens, Christmas trees, Gingerbread shapes and stars. Ooooh, I couldn't help but add some, okay, I mean *a lot* of Red Glitter embossing powder, too. Let's go check out the projects.
- The card base is Whisper White cardstock, measuring 4-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4".
- Lay the Seasonal Decorative Mask (stripes) on the front of the cardbase and apply the VersaMark ink pad direct to the cardstock. Be sure to cover the area well so that the Red Glitter embossing powder sticks to it. Set the Heat Tool on high to set the embossing. NOTE: the glitter embossing powder does not set as quickly as the non-glitter powder; therefore, you will want to move the heat tool across the area very slowly. If you rush it, your glitter will flake/fly off the cardfront.
- Hand cut a Gingerbread house and set in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use the Real Red, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso markers to color the sentiment. Huff on the stamp before stamping it onto the Whisper White panel.
- DID YOU KNOW? that you can click on any images I include related to the project to see an enlarged version? Yep! I do this so that you can see the details of my projects a weeee bit better. As I get older, I'm finding myself pulling out what I call my "granny glasses". haha
Candy Cane Lane Clear Treat Box Project: I am soooo excited to give you a sneak peek of the new Stitched from the Heart framelits! Look at that detail...it really sets off the focal point and dresses up the cute little clear treat box!
- Hand cut the little figures from the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series sheet. Add Stampin' Dimensionals and add to the Stitched Whisper White circle.
- Banner cut a strip of Real Red cardstock and layer between the Whisper White stitched circle and the Scalloped Crumb Cake circle.
- Garnish with Whisper White/Red Foil Baker's Twine, add dimensionals, and add to a strip of Candy Cane Lane Designer paper that is wrapped around the clear box. You'll want to fill with your favorite little candies before adding the belly band. ;)