Hello my crafty stamper friends! Welcome to my stop on the Creative Inking Blog Hop for the month of December; and I thank you for your visit to check out what creative share I have for you this month. This month's theme is "Winter Frolics", and I swear I have my head stuck in a snowbank with a frozen brain! "What the heck is she talking about?" you might be asking. Well, when I think 'winter frolics', I think snow, winter graduations, freezing cold weather, and the New Year quickly approaching. Well, all of those things are true, but when you see my card, you'll see that my mind is combining a couple of elements....that are set for the far distant future. haha!!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Lynn Streifert's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
SNOW way!!! For my Winter Frolics creation, I couldn't resist making a shaker card with a little bit of white Mica Flakes from the Mica Flakes Trio Pack. So, do you see it, yet? Haha! Let's go through the steps of making the card...maybe you'll see it at the end.
- I love the combination of Crumb Cake card base, the richness of Real Red in the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series paper that is matted onto Basic Black cardstock, and Whisper White.
- The shaker frame was created using one of the dies from the Layering Squares Framelits Die set. You 'square' it up on one end and run it through the Big Shot. Then, shift the die and 'square' it up at the other end making sure that the die lines up with the section that has already been cut out. Use Tear and Tape to adhere a piece of Window Sheet to the back of the frame.
The Large Numbers Framelits make for perfect and quick documentation of any event! Like a University 'winter' graduation! The school colors are red and white, which helped to create a shadowed effect to separate the Real Real cardstock from the background designer paper.
One of my favorite stamp sets for a multitude of seasonal sentiments is the "B.Y.O.P." stamp set. Ink up the sentiment with Archival Basic Black and stamp directly onto the window sheet. NOTE: Due to the nature of a liquid against the plastic, you want to be very careful stamping and not let your stamp slip. Stamp straight down and then pick straight up.
Add Foam Adhesive Strips to the back of the Whisper White frame. Put a heavy teaspoon full of White Mica Flakes onto the numbers, and lay the frame over top the flakes making sure to seal all parts of the frame to the card front. You don't want to lose any of your Mica Flakes due to any gaps.
The Basic Black filaments adorning the side edges of the frame come from the Cheerful Tags Thinlits Dies.
So, did you figure out the 'goof' that I am with my head in a snow bank and a frozen brain?!! My husband actually pointed it out to me. I have had the New Year on the brain, and was creating this card to give to my daughter's friend who just graduated from the University of Nebraska with her Bachelor's degree...but, alas, I have to wait ONE more year to give it to someone....in December 2017!! Ugh!! Yes, there are graduations next May, but there won't be any SNOW! DOH...what a ning-com-poop I am.
Now, the next Winter Frolic stop on the hop is Dena Rekow ...I know she will have some amazing creation to share with you, too. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Year-End Closeout Sale!
Click Here to see the list of items available (.pdf file)
• Promotion period: December 1, 2016 – January 3, 2017
• All products (and discounts, if any) can be found in the Year-End Closeouts category of the online store.
• Year-end closeout items may be added to all order types: demonstrator, workshop, customer, and online.
• Clearance Rack items are only available while supplies last.
• Following the Year-End Closeouts promotion, some products may remain on the Clearance Rack; other items may be removed from the Clearance Rack to be added at another undetermined time.
• High-inventory items will only be discounted through January 3; beginning
January 4, they will still be available, but at regular price.
• Retiring item availability will follow standard retiring item rules:
• Retiring stamp sets are guaranteed available until December 21,
after which they will be only available while supplies last.
• Retiring accessories will only be available while supplies last.
• Retiring items will only be available while supplies last. All retiring items
will be discontinued after January 3.
• We will provide a list of retiring items in a sortable Excel file and a PDF.
The files will be updated Monday through Friday at 4:00 PM (MT).
Other Year-End Closeouts products and applicable discounts can
be found in the online store.
• To see the list of holiday carryover items, click here.
• No minimum purchase is required to participate in Year-End Closeouts.
• Year-End Closeouts are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
• New demonstrators may add Year-End Closeouts items to their Starter Kit.
• Items and discounts may vary by market depending on inventory levels.
• Phone: January 3, 2017, by 6:50 PM (MT)
• OEX/Online: January 3, 2017, by 11:50 PM (MT)
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2016-17 Holiday Catalog online
- Year-end Closeout Sale -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code CRQBF34J to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!