Hello my crafty stamper friends! I am so excited that you have stopped by because you have entered January's Creative Inking Blog Hop! YAY!! Considering the time of year, it is only natural that this month's theme is "Let's Sale-A-Brate"!! I love Sale-A-Bration; and you will, too. Did you know that every single selection in the mini catalog is a free selection with each $50 purchase?!! That's right. Each Stampin' Up! catalog is filled with beautifully created inspiration. This months theme is "Let's Sale-A-Brate". So, our Creative Inking Hop participants have been busy creating MORE inspiration using any stamp set and/or designer series paper available in the mini brochure.
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
What better way to sale-a-brate than with a birthday card! My project features two Sale-A-Bration items...the "Any Occasion" stamp set found on page 14 and the "Carried Away Designer Series Paper on page 7...both in the Sale-A-Bration mini catalog. Can you imagine getting a stamp set that includes 20 individual stamped images? Plus, this set covers about 8 different occasions to celebrate! LOVE it!
- Once again, Stampin' Up! helped me save time figuring out what color combinations to use for my card. Yep! The color comparison list is found on the cardboard backing that comes in the Carried Away Designer Series paper pack. The cardbase is Calypso Coral, the Whisper White panel is matted onto Night of Navy cardstock, and the hot air balloon basket is Mint Macaron. Everything perfectly coordinates with the hot air balloon strip of designer series paper
- The images were inked and stamped using coordinating colors with the cardstock (Calypso Coral, Night of Navy and Mint Macaron). Don't you love it when everything you need to match and coordinate can be found under one 'shopping roof'? That would be you, shopping in your home....in your PJ's, if you dare, and having it all delivered right to your home. TIP: when you go to stamp the banner 'string', you will want to be very careful that you don't 'rock' the image. Because the image is a thin straight line, it has a tendancy to 'rock' and create a heavy/thick line versus a nice thin line, as intended.
Set the stamped and matted layer in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Die cut the balloon and basket using the Up & Away Thinlits Dies offered in the Occasions catalog. Glue the basket to the bottom of the hot air balloon die cut and set in place on the Whisper White panel using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Add a small Whisper White Baker's Twine bow to the balloon using a Glue Dot..
And, there you have it. An amazing birthday card to celebrate that special day.
There is more "Let's Sale-A-Brate" inspiration to see, so make sure you hop on over to Dena Rekow's blog...I know she has created a project that will make you drool even more. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Sale-A-Bration Celebration is an exclusive FREE event!
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code VCPPZPRY to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!Product List