Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to our 2017 One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop for the month of January! I am so happy and thankful for your visit today. This may be your first stop on the hop, or you may have hopped over here from Anna Smith's blog. Either way, in order to view all of the blog participants sharing their wonderful craftiness, click on the "NEXT" button at the bottom of each post.
The theme for our hop today is "No Rules New Year"! Kind of cute, huh?!! One of my goals is to make sure that I create lots of birthday cards AND get them mailed out. I have been very baaaad at getting my love to arrive in the recipient's mailbox. So, to contradict today's theme....I have set the 'Rule' for myself....get those handmade cards mailed out. My first Birthday card design for 2017 is showcasing some brand new products from the new Occasions catalog...YUMMY!
- The card base is Whisper White cardstock, measuring 4-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4".
- Matte three different patterns from the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper with Tip Top Taupe cardstock. Arrange and adhere them to the cardfront.
- The vertical Tip Top Taupe tag is end cut using the Best Badge punch. I love it when I can use a punch for something other than a punched cut out. Accent the top of the tag layer with some 5/8" Tip Top Taupe Mini Striped ribbon. Add to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use the Tip Top Taupe ink with the sentiment from the Balloon Adventures stamp set and heat set with Stampin' Clear Embossing powder. Die cut with the Stitched Oval Framelit, then matte onto a Calypso Coral Scallop Oval using the Layering Ovals Framelits. Add to the vertical tag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- DID YOU KNOW? that you can click on any images I include related to the project to see an enlarged version? Yep! I do this so that you can see the details of my projects a weeee bit better. As I get older, I'm finding myself pulling out what I call my "granny glasses". haha
Balloon Adventures 3x3 Gift Card/Gift Tag: I am soooo excited to share this next project created to coordinate with the Birthday card. Just like Stampin' Up!'s products...it's all about the coordinating features, right?!!
- Tip Top Taupe cardbase is 6" x 3-1/8", fold in half and burnish the folded edge with a Stampin' Up! Bone Folder.
- Use the largest circle die from the Layering Circles Framelits, lay the die onto the folded 3x3 card. NOTE: The circle die needs to be set with part of it hanging over the folded card edge. The reason is so the card will stand as displayed, or you can use Linen Thread or Baker's Twine to thread along the folded edge and tie to a gift bag handle.
- The scalloped circle is Calypso coral and includes a Circle Stitched Crumb Cake layer. Add to the Circle cardbase using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Die cut a Calypso Coral balloon and layer onto a ballon punched with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. Accent with a little bow using Whisper White Baker's Twine. Accent with a piece of Tip Top Taupe 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon and the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Balloon Adventures stamp set.