Good morning stampers and paper crafters! Thank you for visiting today; and Welcome aboard the January Stamp It Blog Hop! Would you believe that this month's theme is all about Sending Love?!! Time is flying and Valentine's Day is just around the corner. There are so many ways to 'send love' to a loved one, but what better way to 'send love' than through the creation of a handmade card, right?!! Valentine's Day is not just for celebrating with a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband and wife. I love to 'send love' to my parents and grandma, too. They are the foundation of my heart and the person I am today, and for that, they deserve lots of sweet, sweet love. I am really excited to share my project with you because my inspiration came with the thoughts of my Mom and grandma in mind. Sewing and quilting is just one of the crafts they enjoyed over the years. Let's get to it and run through the card details.
If you have been traveling along the Stamp It Group Blog Hop, you may have come here from team blogger, Kathy Desmarais's blog. If this is your very first stop, I want to thank you so much for stopping to visit me. If you like to skip and hop and happen to get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Thinking about the many quilts I have received from relatives, I set out to use the new Sending Love Suite of products found on page 14-15 in the new Occasions catalog. From the Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack to the "Sealed with Love" bundle (stamp set and coordinating Love Notes Framelits Dies). I am in LOVE with it all!
- The Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack offers 48 sheets, 6 sheets each of 8 double-sided designs. The 'quilt' pieces are 3/4" and spaced evenly on a Whisper White square. The Layering Squares Framelits dies were amazing assistance to die cut the Whisper White, Real Red Glimmer paper, and the Real Red scalloped layers. Definitely got my moneys worth out of those dies with this card....set includes 19 dies!
- The Sending Love Suite of products includes a Real Red and Whisper White Ribbon pack. Wrap some Real Red grosgrain ribbon around the 'quilted' layer and glue directly to the Real Red Glimmer piece. NOTE: Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue when adhering something to Glimmer paper. Due to the roughness/unevenness of the Glimmer paper, Snail and Fast Fuse won't produce long lasting sticky-ness.
- Add the Glimmer panel to the Real Red scalloped die using Stampin' Dimensionals. I love to add dimension to my projects and Stampin' Dimensionals are perfect.
- The Sealed with Love stamp set is loaded with 27 different images. Real Red lips stamped onto the layered heart diecut from the Love Notes Framelits dies set top off the 'sending love' emotion. Add Clear Wink of Stella to the lips to give the appearance of real lip gloss. So much FUN!!
- Stamp the sentiment with Real Red ink directly to the card base.
There are several different sentiments available in the Sealed with Love stamp set that I could have used in the lower corner of the card, but this one really spoke to me during the creating phase. Don't you just love it when you have the freedom to create how you feel? LOVE it!
For more New Year themed inspiration, make sure you visit the other Stamp It Group members' blogs to see what projects they have to share. Thanks for stopping by....stop back again real soon.
STAMP IT BLOG HOP GIVE AWAY
Good Luck!! One very lucky person will win this awesome Watercolor Wishes Card Kit with a Bonus...this give away includes the stamp set! To enter, you must leave a comment on any Stamp It Blog Hop Post....AND, you must include the correct hash tag...#stampitcontest.
Blog Hop Participants
Don't forget...when you leave your comment for your chance to win this amazing kit, I love to read them.
Sale-A-Bration Celebration is an exclusive FREE event!
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code VCPPZPRY to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!