Hello there crafty stamper friends! Welcome to February's Creative Inking Blog Hop! Do you like to color? Whether it is with crayons, color pencils, acrylic paint, or a splash of paint-by-number? If so, you are in for a treat because this months theme is "Color My World". Every now and then, I get in a routine to where I just want to add color without the help of a rubber stamp. My Aqua Painter is my most favorite watercoloring tool, but have been telling myself that I need to give fair share of attention to Blender Pens....especially, now that Stampin' Up! has reintroduced Watercolor Pencils into the mix. I think it's because I'm not as good at using them, but the end result is just as forgiving and fun as the Aqua Painter tool. Let's take a gander at my creation, shall we!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
One of my favorite Suites in the Occasions catalog is the Cool Treats Suite. Who can pass up the yummy colors and playful patterns in the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper found on page 33 in the Occasions catalog. Soooo, with Tasty Treats comes the Tasty Trucks stamp set available for free with a $50 purchase....one of the favored Sale-A-Bration items in this years catalog. You can find it on page 12 in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. There are some really cute samples to drool over, too. A tasty match, if you ask me!
- Watermelon Wonder is one of my favorite In Colors, so the card base (4-1/4" x 11") sets the tone for a bright and cheery Thank You card.
- I love to mix-n-match contrasting patterns from a designer series paper pack...checks versus a smaller speckled design. One is more monochromatic with the other being more colorful. To add a little more pizzazz, die cut the speckled pattern using the Stitched Shapes Framelits, then evenly layer the pieces onto a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock. This helps separate the two patterns, and yet, complimenting each other. The Peekaboo Peach scallop circle helps bring notice to this color in the speckled pattern.
Stamp the Tasty Truck using Archival Basic Black ink twice onto Whisper White cardstock. Die cut one of the images with a Stitched Circle Shapes Framelits.
Squish ink into the Stampin' Pad lids of each of the colors (Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Chocolate Chip, Watermelon Wonder, and Peekaboo Peach) so that you have ink on the inside of the lid when you open them. This will be your color palette when picking up ink with your Blender Pen to color your Tasty Truck image. When you are done coloring, use your Paper Snips to handcut (aka fussy cut) the image. Set in place over top the image that has been die cut using Stampin' Dimensionals. TIP: When adding the ink to the image, start in the area that you want to be darker in color and swirl your ink away from the starting point until it is lighter in color. Remember, you can always add more ink, but you can't take it away.
Wrap Whisper White Thick Baker's Twine around the card front and tie into a bow off to the side.
Set the stamped and matted layer in place using Stampin' Dimensio.
And, there is your colorful Tasty Truck. Such a cute Thank You card that is perfect for any occasion.
There is more "Let's Sale-A-Brate" inspiration to see, so make sure you hop on over to Linda Bauwin's blog...I know she has created a project that will make you drool even more. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Get the biggest bang for your buck when you shop and combine any of the specials/sales with your non-sale items.
Sale-A-Bration Celebration is an exclusive FREE event!
Get your exclusive invitation to this event by doing one of the following:
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code VCPPZPRY to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!
Product List for Tasty Trucks Thank You Card