Hello, hello, hello stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to my stop on the One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop! This months theme is an extremely difficult one for me...Clean and Simple. Now, one would think 'oh, that should be easy...you don't need a whole lot of stuff', but not for me. I just cannot do it! I struggle with the 'less is more' philosophy. I mean, really?!! Have you seen my past projects? They are full of layers, textures, accessories, dimension and fine details. Oh, c'mon Lori...pull it together... clean and simple. You CAN do this!!
This may be your first stop on the hop, or you may have hopped over here from Jeanna Bohanon's blog. Either way, in order to view all of the blog participants sharing their wonderful craftiness, click on the "NEXT" button at the bottom of each post.
To start off my clean and simple layout, I chose to work with the early released Eastern Palace Suite of products...Eastern Beauty stamp set and the coordinating Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies. Oh, and you'll need the Layering Circles Framelits Dies to create even more variety with the Eastern Medallions Thinlits. Super fun together!
- Tone on Tone card layers are really a big thing right now. The Very Vanilla cardbase and the next layer with no embossing texture or stamping fall right into the clean and simple theme...so far, so good!
- The 4-cornered clovers are die cut from Berry Burst, Powder Pink, and Tranquil Tide. NOTE: Snip each one at the inner corners to use them individually as shown in the picture below.
- Using a Circle Framelit, die cut Dazzling Diamonds paper to show off the beauty of the Lemon Lime Twist Medallion centers.
- The Powder Pink center was stamped with the dotted circle image using Tranquil Tide Ink. The sentiment was inked in Berry Burst, punched with a 1" circle punch and popped on top with dimensionals. All layered over top some Silver Metallic Thread and 1/2" Lemon Lime Twist Finely Woven Ribbon.
Upcycled Flower Jar: The Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies create a really cute flower arrangement. Tying it all together with the card, the same new In Colors of Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide make up the flowers. The jar was painted with a pink wash, which resembles the new Powder Pink In Color. I love it when things coordinate and match so well.
- To save time, the 3 dies needed to create the Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide flower center can all be nested inside each other to save time and one pass through the Big Shot. You'll use 2 dies from the Eastern Medallion Thinlits Dies set and one of the Layering Circles Framelits. LOVE it!
- DID YOU KNOW? that you can click on any images I include related to the project to see an enlarged version? Yep! I do this so that you can see the details of my projects a weeee bit better. As I get older, I'm finding myself pulling out what I call my "granny glasses". haha
At this time, you are now ready to hop on over to Justin Krieger’s blog. You won't want to miss traveling on as I know that she will have something adorable to share with you. If you prefer to work your way backwards, you can jump back to Jeanna Bohanon's blog. Either way, be sure to work your way through all of the blogs so you don’t miss a thing!
Blog Hop Participants
I am very grateful to everyone that stops to visit me... I appreciate you and all of your wonderful support of my favorite stamping business. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
Don't Pass Up the Savings with Your Very Own Eastern Palace Bundle!
Special pricing ends May 31, 2017
See everything retiring in one spot! Click the links below to see what’s retiring by category:
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2016-17 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 6399JUPE to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!