Hello, hello, hello stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to my stop on the One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop! This months theme is often times a difficult one for many crafters...All About Men. This may be your first stop on the hop, or you may have hopped over here from Kelly Acheson's blog. Either way, in order to view all of the blog participants sharing their wonderful craftiness, click on the "NEXT" button at the bottom of each post.
To create a masculine card, one struggles if they feel they don't own a 'masculine' stamp set. Or, they don't own 'masculine-type' paper. I'm going to attempt to help you get past that hurdle using the stamp set "This Little Piggy" and some amazing tools, such as the Layering Squares Framelits and the Hexagon Textured Embossing folder. Plus, the images in this set are super cute and can create a masculine card for all ages. Lots of fun!
- The Hexagon Textured Embossing folder has a lot of character and small patterns that can often times pull and stretch the cardstock and cause it to weaken and tear. To avoid that, lightly mist the cardstock using the Stampin' Spritzer and water. The damp cardstock will be more pliable and be more forgiving when stretched tightly in so many different directions.
- It is always fun to include contrasting patterns, such as the 1" strip of Wood Textured Designer Series paper. Just a little bit is complimentary to the embossed cardstock layer.
- Bakers Twine is a subtle accessory to dress up a masculine card...and, finishing it with a bow is perfectly okay, too.
- Throw in a little watercoloring using the Aqua Painter and the ink squished into the lid of your ink pad makes This Little Piggy comes to life with a Smoky Slate body and Powder Pink nose. Layer 'him' onto the new Tranquil Tide Scalloped Square using Stampin' Dimensionals. NOTE: Tranquil Tide is one of the newest In Colors...an awesome, deep and rich 'masculine' color.
DID YOU KNOW? that you can click on any images I include related to the project to see an enlarged version? Yep! I do this so that you can see the details of my projects a weeee bit better. As I get older, I'm finding myself pulling out what I call my "granny glasses". haha
At this time, you are now ready to hop on over to Pam Staples’s blog. You won't want to miss traveling on as I know that she will have something adorable to share with you. If you prefer to work your way backwards, you can jump back to Kelly Acheson's blog. Either way, be sure to work your way through all of the blogs so you don’t miss a thing!
Blog Hop Participants
I am so very grateful to everyone that stops to visit me... I appreciate you and all of your wonderful support of my favorite stamping business. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code 6399JUPE to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!