Hello stampers and crafters! Today is a special Stampin' Leaders Blog Hop in the fact that all Thailand Achievers received the new Carols of Christmas stamp set and the coordinating Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies during the General Session gathering. So, what better way to show off this new bundle and all of its glorious potential than with a Stampin' Leaders Blog Hop. I have to admit that even though I know this bundle is amazing, I was a tad bit nervous about creating my first card. Wierd, hugh?!! I was afraid that I would not be able to rein in all the thoughts and create something in a decent amount of time...that it would take me FOREVER. Nope, this card came together quite nicely. Let's take a look.
- The Very Vanilla cardstock base will see a tad bit of layering with the new designer series paper, some stamping, and adorned with Old Olive Sheeer Ribbon.
- The sentiment and ornament strings images were inked with Basic Black Archival ink and stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock. The ornaments were stamped directly to the card front...no extra layer ...just simple and clean....and, I like it! ;)
- Die cut the sentiment using the largest Stitched Shapes Squares die and the Big Shot. Matte the sentiment with a scalloped square die from the Layering Squares Framelits for an added element.
- One fun little tidbit...there are 2 separate stamp images of ornaments. Instead of taking turns stamping each image to the cardbase front, I just stuck both of them to my block, ink, and stamped at the same time.
- The ornaments were inked and stamped onto scrap pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock with Bermuda Bay, Berry Bliss, and Crushed Curry Classic inks. I picked up this color combination from the new In Color Combinations sheet designed by Stampin' Up!. All of my wonderful customers received this sheet with the new Annual Catalog mailing. Very helpful when you are stuck trying to come up with a fun color combination. Then, die cut them out with the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies and the Big Shot. Set them in place over the Basic Black stamped images and pop them up with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Wrap the card front with 1/8" Old Olive Sheer Ribbon and tie into a bow.
Sooo, what do you think? Pretty cute and elegant, not to mention pretty darned easy! I'm contemplating using this card for own Christmas card...very easy to mass-produce.
Now make sure to click on the next blog hopper so that you can be on your way to soak in some more Carols of Christmas inspiration. There is a huge line-up of hoppers...enjoy them all! I love to read the comments that come through, so I hope you will share with me your thoughts with my Carols of Christmas sneak peek. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon.
Carols of Christmas Blog Hoppers
BONUS DAYS ARE STILL HERE!! Buuuut, only for 2 more days! That means for every $50 you spend July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 USD Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31. It just so happens that the bundle I used for today's project share meets the $50 promotion!! **squeal** Shop my online store QUICK so that you don't forget!
- There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits, Demonstrator Supply Items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
- Coupon Codes will arrive in the email inbox that you have on record in my store....DON'T lose that email because the Coupon Code cannot be retrieved if deleted or lost.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code Z6PNKDWJ to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!