Hello, my lovely stamping and crafter friends! Welcome to July's Creative Inking Blog Hop!! This month we are featuring cards/projects that involve a 'two-step stamping' process. What the heck is that, right? This technique involves more than one stamped image to demonstrate contrast in colors that are stamped in layers over top of each other. One image is usually a solid/base layer; and the 2nd image will be more highlights, solid fills or an overlay to adjoin the image together. The end result is really cool!
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the very talented Sandy Mott's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
I have been anxious to use a new stamp set I ordered called "Lovely Friends" for my project share. PLUS, it comes bundled with the coordinating Lovely Laurel Thinlits Dies at a 10% savings. YEAH!! Both of these items can be viewed in my product list illustrated at the bottom of this post. I just love this larger-than-life sentiment because it really strikes an emotional cord for me. I have a few very dear friends that I haven't done well keeping in touch with over the last year, so they definitely need to know just how much they mean to me.
- In keeping a clean and simple card layout and incorporate the two-step stamping technique, the large sentiment was inked with Basic Black Archival ink and stamped onto a layer of Vellum Cardstock. Due to the less porous texture of the vellum, set it aside for an extra few minutes to dry. Or, you can use the Heat Tool on the lowest setting to dry.
- The two-step technique involves the 2 large flower images in the stamp set. The colors are Dapper Denim, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst. The solid (lighter) color was done as a 2nd rendition stamping (ink image, stamp off onto scrap paper, then stamp onto Very Vanilla cardstock). The accent layer image was inked and stamped over top of the first image. Putting the 2 stamped images together generates fun depth and brings this flower to life.
- Using the coordinating Framelit, die cut each flower and arrange and glue directly to the front of the card base.
Adhere the Vellum/sentiment layer with a strip of Tear & Tape Adhesive across the top and set in place on the card front. This allows the subtleness of the color to come through, but not steal the focal point of the sentiment.
The Lemon Lime Twist 1/4" Ombre Ribbon is a perfect coordinating accent...nice thin ribbon that is lovely to tie into knots and bows. Plus, because the Vellum is see thru, the ribbon helps hide the visual of the Tear & Tape Adhesive underneath.
The mini sequences come from the new spools of Mini Sequin Trim (Gold, Silver and Black) and is perfect for a dainty touch of bling..
Don't forget! If you don't have any of the products I used, you'll want to make sure to submit your order through my online store. I hope you will give it a try.
So with one click you can be on your way to soak in some more Two-Step Stamping. Your next stop on the hop is Dena Rekow's blog...she always has something super adorable to share. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
BONUS DAYS ARE BAAAACK!! That means for every $50 you spend July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 USD Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31. It just so happens that the bundle I used for today's project share meets the $50 promotion!! **squeal** Shop my online store QUICK so that you don't forget!
- There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits, Demonstrator Supply Items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
- Coupon Codes will arrive in the email inbox that you have on record in my store....DON'T lose that email because the Coupon Code cannot be retrieved if deleted or lost.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code Z6PNKDWJ to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!