Hello, hello, hello stampers and paper crafters! Welcome to my stop on the One Stamp At a Time (OSAT) Design Team Blog Hop! This months theme is about the kids or Back to School. I sort of mixed the two simply because the kids in my neck of the woods will be heading back to the classrooms this week and next. So what happened to summer?? It flew, that's what happened! This may be your first stop on the hop, or you may have hopped over here from my dear friend Anna Smith's blog. Either way, in order to view all of the blog participants sharing their wonderful craftiness, click on the "NEXT" button at the bottom of each post.
It took me a bit to wrap my head around the theme 'kids' only because I was trying to avoid creating a 'kids birthday'. I really wanted to steer towards the Back to School theme and knew that I wanted to incorporate the Large Letters Framelits Dies. Lets see how I did!
- The Lemon Lime Twist cardbase sets the tone for this fun (and bright) card that showcases some tone-on-tone colored Embossing Paste with the Brick Patterned Decorative Mask. How fitting to create a 'back to school' card with a brick and mortar background. CUTE!!
- Another coordinating product is the Foil Frenzy Polka Dot Kraft paper. The polka dots contrast well with the 'bricks' and is toned down with the Soft Sky A, Lemon Lime Twist B, and the Tranquil Tide C alphabet letters.
- Now, we all know how much kids love going back to school, but the 'Hooray' sentiment is probably pronounced louder by the parents. haha! The sentiment comes from the Confetti Celebration stamp set and was heat embossed with Copper Embossing powder onto Vellum cardstock and die cut using a framelit from the Layering Circles die. Adhere it to a Copper Foil layer created with the Starburst punch. Add it to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- To finish the 'Hooray' sentiment, add another sentiment from the same stamp set inked in Tranquil Tide and stamped onto a strip of Soft Sky cardstock. Add the littlest wooden star from the Hearts & Stars Elements pack and adhere the combo to the 'Hooray' layer.
Coordinating Clear Treat Box
I had some of the Clear boxes sitting around from a craft fair I was preparing for a few months ago. With a 2" strip of Soft Sky Foil Frenzy Kraft paper, I scored at every 2", burnished the score lines with the Stampin' Bone Folder and inserted into the clear box before filling with some carmel filled chocolates. Wrap with some 1/2" Finely Woven Lemon Lime Twist Ribbon, tie in a bow and accent with a Starburst Copper Foil punch and Lemon Lime Twist circle that has been embossed with Paste.
DID YOU KNOW? that you can click on any images I include related to the project to see an enlarged version? Yep! I do this so that you can see the details of my projects a weeee bit better. As I get older, I'm finding myself pulling out what I call my "granny glasses". haha
At this time, you are now ready to hop on over to Marisa Gunn’s blog. You won't want to miss traveling on as I know that she will have something adorable to share with you. If you prefer to work your way backwards, you can jump back to Anna Smith's blog. Either way, be sure to work your way through all of the blogs so you don’t miss a thing!
Blog Hop Participants
Lori Mueller <--You are here
I am so very grateful to everyone that stops to visit me... I appreciate you and all of your wonderful support of my favorite stamping business. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
What if I told you that you could get it for FREE with any $50 order! Yeppers!! I did say FREE with a $50 order! Between now and August 17, 2017 place an order for $50, or more, using the Hostess Code PPKGHSKM when you shop with Lori and get the exclusive Hostess stamp set, Tranquil Tulips, totally FREE!
See the full details of this offer (ONLY available through Lori) in this blog post. This exclusive offer ends August 17, 2017.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code PPKGHSKM to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!