Can you believe that there is such a day as "Ask A Stupid Question Day"??? Apparently, this started in the early 1980's, and is a holiday that is sometimes celebrated in the United States, usually by school students and teachers. Although Ask a Stupid Question Day's default date is September 28, in practice it is usually observed on the last school day of September.
We’ve all done it, had that question we wanted to ask that just sounded astoundingly stupid. We’re embarrassed that it even occurred to us, and worse, that we didn’t know the answer when it seemed so simple that it made you slap your forehead and ask for a V8!! The truth is there is no such thing as a stupid question, except the one that you choose not to ask.
Now, to try and reincarnate this particular day into a handmade greeting card was going to be a challenge. You see, the mere fact that I'm creating something for this day is because one of my Dream Team members is in charge of posting a crafting challenge in our group each week to help push us to think outside the crafting box...out of our comfort zone. Eeep! The only ideas running through my head were to look for stamp sets with some sort of sentiments like "huh" and "duh". I came across the Tabs for Everything stamp set in my stash that has all sorts of single words and small phrases that could be grouped to make small statements/sentences. **squeal**
Once I found the perfect words, I knew that I needed to include the question mark die found with the Large Alphabet Letters Framelits. I remember (many moons ago) the old joke would be to answer back to the question "now if I knew the answer, I wouldn't be asking you, now would I?!!" It was always a "duh" moment with laughter to follow. haha!
- When you want to make a statement without using dimensionals, all you have to do is die cut or punch multiples of the same image, glue all of the layers together, and, VOILA!! Dimension without dimensionals!
- The Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper isn't just for Christmas (brand new in the Holiday catalog). Those gingham patterns are AH-mazing!! and will enhance any holiday or theme.
- There are tiny shapes of square and rectangles found in the Christmas Staircase Thinlits Dies set that help frame small words and phrases. I love to think outside the box. teehehe!
I hope you found some laughs and enjoyment with my card share today. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page, or whatever based on any "special" daily holiday. Here is the website that lists all sorts of bizarre, unique, special and otherwise different days to celebrate. Have fun!
Need Stamps and Supplies? If you are in the U.S., I would be more than thrilled and very appreciative to have you order from My Online Store. I live to inspire and love to help you get your creative spark lit. I offer a wonderful Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Program with the opportunity to earn a free shopping spree! (Check out the deets here). To make your shopping experience super easy, you can click on the product images found at the bottom of this post. To receive a monthly "Thank You" gift, make sure to use October's Hostess Code: YTTAFVPQ. NOTE: If your order is over $150, do not use the monthly code! You will still earn Dreamers Loyalty Reward Points, but it's because you will want the Stampin' Rewards from Stampin' Up! for yourself. Any questions? Please feel free to email me.
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code YTTAFVPQ to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments. No question is a stupid question!
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What additional supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!