Sooo, I have a serious question for you. What are your thoughts about Designer Series Paper? I mean, do you like it so much that you use LOTS of it for your projects? OR, do you like it soooo much that you struggle to cut into those beautiful designer pages? To be honest, I'm one that goes in spurts in either direction, but I tend to sway heavier to the fear of cutting and using the many pounds of Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper I have in my house! Yes, I have POUNDS of it. Raise your hand if you are standing in my boat. haha! Well, this blog hop is here today especially for crafters like you and me! This hop is going to showcase multiple ways/projects on how to use your beloved Designer Series Paper....share. and. use. it. up!! I'm quite excited to share my projects with you, so let's mosey on and take a peek.
You may be starting from here at my blog, Lori Mueller - Stampin' Dreams, or you may have come here from the very talented Lynn Streifert's blog. Please be sure to click the 'Next' button (found below) to move along the Creative Inking blog hop. If you get off track at any time, the full line up below will help you move along from blog to blog.
I am excited about the Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper and showcasing my fun group of cards. I capitalized on the huge sale that Stampin' Up! had earlier this month with the Notecards and Envelopes pack. With 20 card bases and coordinating sized envelopes, you can get 20 notecards made up for $5-something! That was a steal! Pair the Quilted Christmas paper with a sentiment from the Tags & Trimmings stamp set, and you can create a boat load of note cards lickety-split using this fun and easy layout.
- I love that Stampin' Up! takes all the guesswork out of deciding on color choices and coordination. This set features all of the colors listed from the Quilted Christmas 6" x 6" pack...Blushing Bride, Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, Real Red, and Whisper White.
- This clean and simple layout displays the busier patterns very well without making your eyes go bug-gey. Plus, choosing the matte cardstock layer is easy to coordinate with the specific pattern chosen :) Also, with a clean look, you can easily transform the cards to All Occasion, Birthday, Sympathy, party invites, etc.
- Add the Real Red strip of cardstock to enhance a little contrast and help tone down any of the busier designer series pattern(s). Ribbons and bows are good, too.
To bring it all together, coordinate your ink color for the sentiment to match a color visible in the Designer Series Paper layer. This will add a bit of "pop" within the project. Choose a color from the Designer Series Paper to compliment the sentiment with a scallop oval die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits!
- Choose a color from the Designer Series Paper to compliment the sentiment with a scallop oval die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits!
I hope I have enabled you to run to your crafting space and pull out some of those loved (and unused) Designer Series Paper packs/stacks to create your own set of notecards. You will find all of the products I used to create the sampling of notecards at the bottom of this post. Click on the images to be taken directly to my online shopping. I would be very, very appreciative of your shopping excursion through my online store. I hope you will create a set of notecards for you or the set is perfect to give as a gift.
So with one click you can be on your way to soak in some more Designer Series paper showcases. Your next stop on the hop is the very talented Dena Rekow...she always has something super cute and fun to share. Click on the 'Next' button and you'll be at your next stop. If you get lost or sidetracked, please come on back and follow the list of participants shown below. Have fun filling your inspiration bucket...don't forget to come back real soon. :)
Creative Inking Blog Hoppers
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code KAZCAHD6 to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What supplies do you need to create this set of Notecards? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!