This month's hop features a botanical feel called the "Flora & Flutter" kit. The stamp set includes five different sentiments and four garden-ey images...in other words, a butterfly, a flower, a fern and a sprig image. Every box is filled with everything you need to create 8 greeting cards...even comes with the envelopes!
One of the card designs was a floral laser cut design that would have a piece of Dazzling Diamonds paper adhered behind it. The first thing that came to mind was "oooh! this could be a 'stencil-type' image". Sooo, that's what I went with...using it as a stencil.
I placed it over top a piece of Vellum cardstock and covered the stencil with VersaMark ink. Once the area was inked up...out came the Copper powder...I love our Copper Embossing powder and how smooth it melts up.
I love the result! Layering this piece over top a Peekaboo Peach scallop circle was the element to adding a bit of softness to the large embossed are. The Lemon Lime Twist leaves were cut from one of the supply pieces and tucked behind the focal panel. The final touch is the coordination of the Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and the stamped butterfly and Flora and Flutter sentiment.
What do you think? I was striving for elegant, which is a bit different from botanical. :) If you haven't done any heat embossing lately, you need to pull out that Heat Tool and have some fun. I'd love to have you share your creations with me.
To get more inspiration for alternative ideas creating with the December Paper Pumpkin kit, make sure you visit the other A Paper Pumpkin Thing Group members' blogs to see what projects they have to share. I'll be on your heals to soak in the new ideas and inspiration. Thanks for stopping by....stop back again real soon.
At this time, you are now ready to hop on over to Kimberley Morris’s blog. You won't want to miss traveling on as I know that she will have something adorable to share with you. If you prefer to work your way backwards, you can jump back to Kelly Acheson's blog. Either way, be sure to work your way through all of the blogs so you don’t miss a thing!
List of Hop Participants
I am very grateful to everyone that stops to visit me... I appreciate you and all of your wonderful support of my favorite stamping business. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
How do I know if Paper Pumpkin is right for me?
If you can answer "Yes" to any of these questions, then Paper Pumpkin is the perfect solution for you!
- I want a creative escape but I don’t have a lot of time.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to papercrafting, but I want to try it.
- I love to create but I don’t always feel creative.
- I need some fresh project ideas.
- How can I craft when I don’t have all the “crafting stuff” I need?
Go ahead....give it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month test drive and get in on all the FUN!! If you end up not enjoying it (GASP!!), you can cancel your subscription. But, I'm sure you will be very happy and excited to see what the next month will bring you. Trust me! I've been a subscriber for over 3 years and I get anxious to receive my little orange box in the mail near the middle of each month. **squeal**
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Holiday Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code Z9YHSACU to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What additional supplies do you need to create this project? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!