This month's hop features a little bit of vintage...such as reflecting on Stampin' Up!'s upcoming 30th Anniversary celebration...many good things have grown over the years since Stampin' Up! came to life back in 1988. :)
I die cut the largest stitched oval from the center of one of the patterned pieces and raised it to reflect an eclipse effect.
I had to matte the patterned paper because it is too pretty not to pair it up with Fresh Fig cardstock. The Fresh Fig ribbon is oh-so pretty for finishing into a knot.
The focal wooden piece was stamped with one of the sentiments using Early Espresso Classic ink. Add one of the larger Fresh Fig pearls to each end and decorated with a couple of the leaf punch-outs.
Coordinating Envelope Box (aka Bag-a-lope)
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to alter one of the envelopes into a little treat gift box. Decorate it with some of the ribbon and die cut flowers and leaves, and you've got a winner of a little gift box.
Due to the heaviness of the envelope, it would work best to use Stampin' Up!'s Simply Scored Tool to ensure you get a nice score line to fold on.
Slice a very thin piece off the bottom of the envelope. Then score at 5/8" on each side, and 3/4" on the bottom. Snip up from the bottom to horizontal score line on each side, fold on score lines, adhere the bottom together, and decorate.
To get more inspiration for alternative ideas creating with the March Paper Pumpkin kit, make sure you visit the other A Paper Pumpkin Thing Group members' blogs to see what projects they have created to share with you. I'll be on your heals to soak in the new ideas and inspiration.
List of Hop Participants
I am very grateful to everyone that stops to visit me... I appreciate you and all of your wonderful support of my favorite stamping business. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
If you can answer "Yes" to any of these questions, then Paper Pumpkin is the perfect solution for you!
- I want a creative escape but I don’t have a lot of time.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to papercrafting, but I want to try it.
- I love to create but I don’t always feel creative.
- I need some fresh project ideas.
- How can I craft when I don’t have all the “crafting stuff” I need?
Go ahead....give it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month test drive and get in on all the FUN!! Plus, earn FREE Sale-A-Bration items to boot! If you end up not enjoying it (GASP!!), you can cancel your subscription. But, I'm sure you will be very happy and excited to see what the next month will bring you. Trust me! I've been a subscriber for over 3 years and I get anxious to receive my little orange box in the mail near the middle of each month. **squeal**
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2018 Occasions Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin’ Up! 2018 Sale-A-Bration Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code AT3PUEEA to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What additional supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!