Do you struggle creating "Manly" cards? Yep, I do, too! Buuut, I'm so excited to see my Paper Pumpkin kit arrive filled with the supplies to create 10 masculine cards ranging from birthday to thank you...and, including nephews and brothers.
Another thing I struggle with is creating clean and simple cards...this entire kit is just that. But, of course, when I create to showcase an alternative card, I have to kick it up a notch...or two. :) I started with a traditional cardstock base of 4-1/4" x 11', but scoring it at 4-1/4" and 8-1/2" is not our typical card style.
I took one of the cardbases from the kit and cut the wood grain and plaid sections off of the card base so that I could use the pieces to decorate and create a really fun pocket card.
The front pocket can house the woodgrain notecard, but there are so many different items you can tuck into pocket cards: bookmarks, magnets, tags, gift cards, and personalized notes.
Cute Thank You Tag
You are not probably going to believe this, but this little tag is made up of scraps that were laying around my craft counter. **squeal** I inked the "thank you" image in Mossy Meadow and stamped first and 2nd renditions onto the scrap stitched shape circle. The woodgrain strip is from the pocket notecard that I trimmed down. Super cute, right?!!
I'm really pleased with how these projects came together...clean and simple! The pocket card can be for any occasion, too...birthday, anniversary, etc. Gotta love the creations that are designed to accommodate more than one occasion. :)
To get more inspiration for alternative ideas creating with the May Paper Pumpkin kit, make sure you visit the other A Paper Pumpkin Thing Group members' blogs to see what projects they have created to share with you. I'll be on your heals to soak in the new ideas and inspiration.
List of Hop Participants
I am very grateful to everyone that stops to visit me... I appreciate you and all of your wonderful support of my favorite stamping business. I love the visits; and it warms my heart to read your thoughts you share with each comment. If you haven't already, please share and invite your friends to stop by. Oh, and subscribe to my blog so that you don't miss a single post. I can't express how very passionate I am to share my love for papercrafting with you.
If you can answer "Yes" to any of these questions, then Paper Pumpkin is the perfect solution for you!
- I want a creative escape but I don’t have a lot of time.
- I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to papercrafting, but I want to try it.
- I love to create but I don’t always feel creative.
- I need some fresh project ideas.
- How can I craft when I don’t have all the “crafting stuff” I need?
Go ahead....give it a 3-month, 6-month or 12-month test drive and get in on all the FUN!! If you end up not enjoying it (GASP!!), you can cancel your subscription. But, I'm sure you will be very happy and excited to see what the next month will bring you. Trust me! I've been a subscriber for almost 5 years and I get anxious to receive my little orange box in the mail near the middle of each month. **squeal**
Thank you for Shopping with Lori
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! Annual 2017-18 Catalog online
- SHOP | VIEW: Stampin' Up! 2018 Occasions Catalog online
- Clearance Rack -- Select products up to 60% off!
- Save 10% on a large selection of Stampin' Up! Bundles
- Save 10% on Occasions Catalog Product Bundles
- Subscribe to your creative escape with Paper Pumpkin
- Orders of $30 or more receive Dreamers Loyalty Rewards Points, accumulate and redeem for free stamps...print your copy!
- Use Hostess Code EUV6MUSY to get a FREE GIFT from me when you order $50 or more.
- STAMPIN' REWARDS: Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free product (you do not want to use the Hostess Code noted above...this is so YOU receive the Hostess benefits).
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS? Please holler if you do. I love and appreciate your comments.
ARE YOU A FACEBOOK FAN? I would love it if you would "Like" my Lori Dreams Stampin page.
DO YOU CRUISE PINTEREST? If you enjoy Pinterest, you can find my creations on Pinterest, too.
What additional supplies do you need to create these projects? All the items used are from Stampin’ Up! and can be bought through my online store HERE or click on the items below. A printable supply list is available as well!